Prologue

"Here's the cash." I hoped my voice didn't betray the excitement that I felt as I handed over the wad of cash to the man in front of us. The man started to count the cash. His hands carefully flipped each bill, making sure not to miss a single one. Beside me, my partner fiddled with his fingers, probably anxious about the transaction. I couldn't blame him for being nervous. This was an undercover assignment, meaning there was no room for error. One mistake would be our downfall.

The man finished counting the bills, he puffed a bit of his cigarette before throwing it away. He reached inside his coat pocket and got a paper bag. He handed it over, "Here's the package." He said with a weird smirk. "That's quite an order you made. Not many buy that much for their first try, though there are others that woul probably buy more than that."

"Well, we just wanted to grab a handful. You know, for stock, if ever we like the stuff." I gave a grin to show interest. The transaction had gone without a hitch. That was good. We were still in the green.

"Um, can you show us what's inside the paper bag first?" My partner asked. The guy looked at him, "Really? You don't trust me?" and sighed as he took back the paper bag and opened it. He got the contents and showed it. "Here's a bag of ecstasy. 120 tablets in total, as per order." The man turned to my partner and gave an are-you-satisfied-now look. He was about to hand the paper bag to me when, put of nowhere, static sounded and a voice was heard.

"Unit 14 on the way to 4th avenue. Requesting for back up. Over."

SHIT.

The man's eyes bulged in fear, He had realized that his two customers were undercover cops.

DON'T RUN. Please don't run.

The man turned and bolted. Carrying with him, in his right hand, the bag of ecstasy. I swore under my breath at this turn of events. It had all been good until that blasted radio sounded. There wasn't a choice now. We drew our guns and started to chase after him. It took a while but we got him, hadcuffed and all. We had captured the criminal, but the only problem was that the bag of ecstasy was gone. Like it never existed.