Chapter 1

**Okay so here bare with me you guys this is my first crossover. Keep in mind that Sasuke won't be mentioned to much and Shiori doesn't know who he is.**

"Dammit!" My legs burn as I run through the streets. People jumping out of the way with cries of surprise. "Oh man! I'm so late!" 

I can see the Hokage's tower up ahead of me. Dammit, she's going to kill me!  I reach the doors and slam the door open causing it to bash into the wall. Shizune jumps and Tsunade doesn't look up from her paperwork. 

"Forgive me Lady Hokage I guess I overslept! not that that's an excuse or anything! I-" 

She holds up a hand and it dawns on me that I probably sound like a total idiot instead of a professional shinobi. I bow immediately and It's quiet as Tsunade lays down her pen. 

"You can relax Shiori. It seems that you aren't the only one that's late." 

I let out a breath as I try to compose myself. I had completely forgotten that I wasn't going on this mission alone. She hadn't told me who I was partnered with but I was hoping it wasn't some tool bag as usual. 

I try to calm my breathing down after running to the tower while scanning the Hokage's face. Ever since Naruto had left with Jiraiya she has had that same stressed filled look. Then again, she always looks like that most of the time. 

The door is opened again, this time more gentler than when I entered. That familiar mask and sideways hair will always be remembered. 

"Ah Kakashi, it's nice for you to show up." Tsunade's voice was stern, but you could tell that she wasn't that annoyed. Kakashi bowed respectfully before glancing at me. The urge to give him a smile is almost impossible. 

Tsunade clears her throat and laces her fingers, "As you both know there have been many complaints of a group of rogue ninja coming through each of the villages." 

The Hokage stands and places a few papers in front of our eyes. Each one being marked with the word dangerous in red ink. Tsunade points out a specific picture on one of the files. 

"This is Daisuke Nemura. He is known to be the leader of group and even more dangerous. We have received word from the Hidden Snow Village that they are making their way towards the leaf village."

Lady Hokage pauses to glance at the two of us. I stare at the file on her desk, I've heard that name before. 

"Lady Hokage, how is the Hidde Snow Village sure that it was that specific group of rogues? Couldn't it have been a mistake?" 

I ask my question warily, in case she thinks I'm doubting our informants. Kakashi glances at me with his eye, I can tell he wants to hurry and gain the rest of the information as well. 

Tsunade sits back down behind her desk and slides the file of the leader closer to my direction. "There have been numerous sightings but they remain elusive and have never been caught. Their trademark to notice is that each one has a scar shaped like an X on their necks. Nemura also wears a red X on the front of his clothes."

I pick up the file carefully, examining the picture. I hand it to Kakashi next and wait for further instructions. 

"This is an S ranked mission which is why I chose you two specifically. Each one of you has some unique source of power and chakra that could be useful." She explains. 

Kakashi finally steps forward, the file tucked under his arm. 

"Why not just send a full team then? or even a few ANBU." he questions. I nearly chuckle at that comment, Tsunade's eye twitches.