A Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue

Keun Suk tried to call YoonA's manager to find out what was going on but his number was out of reach

Keun Suk tried to call YoonA's manager to find out what was going on but his number was out of reach. He thought of another way and searched for the numbers of the concert venue. He tried every number he could find for more than half an hour but all were engaged at that moment. Finally, he could connect to a person who worked there.

"Could you please tell me what happened to YoonA." he asked impatiently. 

But the person from the other side did not willing to give any information. So he tried revealing his identity.

"I'm Jang Keun Suk and YoonA's friend. I was worried after I heard the news but I couldn't contact her manager. So please tell me what happened to her, I would be really grateful if you do." he went on explaining.

Then he got an answer. "She has fainted just before the show started. So her manager rushed her to the hospital."

"Do you know which hospital?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know about that."

Keun Suk thanked him, thinking of a way to find the hospital. At that time he heard the sound of the doorbell. It was his friends Kurt Jung and Kim Byun Gun (Gun-sama).

"Keun Suk, what's going on?" Kurt asked coming inside.

"It seems she has taken to a hospital but I still couldn't find which one."

Disturbing to their conversation Keun Suk's phone started ringing. In a flash, he answered to the unfamiliar number appeared on the screen.

"Sukki oppa, I'm Tiffany. how are you? I called because I thought you must be worried about YoonA after the incident today."

"Oh thank god you called. Tell me what's happening please."

"YoonA was not well for a few days now. She was ill for the first time when they were at Japan. During the check-up, they found out her thyroid hormone level was a low and prescribed medicine. But she has missed taking those after she came back."

"Is that the reason for her to faint today?"

"Seems like it oppa. After came back she went to the hospital frequently for check-ups. You know the scandal about Seung Gi oppa was also because he dropped her to the hospital once. I think after that she was too occupied with thinking so forgot to take the drugs."

"If she told me earlier I wouldn't have let this happen."

"She didn't want you to know. She told me not to tell you but I called because I know she'll need you."

"Why she didn't tell me. Low thyroid hormone is not a problem."

"That's not it oppa. The doctors have found a lump in her thyroid during the neck scan and they have taken a biopsy too. They are suspecting cancer. That's why she didn't want to be a burden to you."

Those words gave Keun Suk the biggest blow he had in his life. The phone dropped from his fingers and as his legs felt lifeless he collapsed down to the floor. He looked devastated at the moment. Big drops of tear tried to squeeze out from his eyes making them redder by the passing second.  

"Oppa.. oppa.." Tiffany kept on calling him. Kurt picked up the phone while Gun-sama rushed to Keun Suk.

"I'll send you the address to the hospital." Tiffany told Kurt ending the conversation.

"Keun Suk, are you alright?" Gun-sama tried to bring him to the present world again.

"I'm going to the hospital" suddenly Keun Suk got up and tried to dash out but Kurt stopped him.

"No, you are not going alone. We are coming with you too."

So they went to the hospital. As soon as the car stopped in the car park Keun Suk rushed inside impatiently. After finding out the room number he went there with a nervous mind. YoonA's father was sitting outside the room so he went to him and introduced himself politely.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jang Keun Suk. Sir, I heard YoonA is not well. May I visit her?" He asked bowing and greeting Mr.Im, YoonA's father.

"She has a visitor now. Please take a seat. I'll tell her that you are here to see her."

"Thank you sir." replied Keun Suk sitting down near YoonA's room.

After a while, Mr. Im came and informed Keun Suk that YoonA doesn't want to have any more visitors today.

"Yes I understand sir, she must be tired. I'll come tomorrow." even though his heart squeezing with pain Keun Suk replied.

"I'm sorry to say this to you Jang Keun Suk. I don't know the reason but she doesn't want to meet you so please don't come again." Mr. Im went on saying.

Keun Suk was miserable to hear those words. But there was nothing he could do. So he turned around and walked along the corridor to leave the hospital. Just after he took few steps away heard the sound of an opening door. He turned around to see YoonA's guest coming out from her room.

Lee Seung Gi!!

"Is he the guest she had now?" Keun Suk thought while his heart became sorrowful second by second.

Instead of going to the car park he walked along the hospital corridors aimlessly. Then he climbed all the stairs one by one until he reached the very last step. When he was at the rooftop he dropped down to the floor with a heavy, gloomy mind.

He didn't know how long he was sitting there. The darkness of the night crept around him making his heart even darker and lonelier. He had no idea what he should do.

In the meantime, YoonA was sick at heart regretting her decision not to meet her prince. She was hurting more not because of her illness but because she couldn't be with her beloved one in this difficult time and in all her life too.