chapter3

Morning

Nico

  I woke up early so i could get my sword which Chiron took coz’ he said he’ll be disguising it for our mission, so we could easily bring it without other noticing it’s a sword. That sword has some sentimental value for me, Dad gave it to me when I run away from camp after . . .after my sister Bianca died. I immediately notice tears running. I wipe it off with my hands.

I took a fast bath and change my clothes. I already finish packing my things for the mission last night.  Now I’m in front of the big house waiting for the others to arrive.

 A few minutes later, Annabeth arrive her hair pulled in a ponytail, her bag at her shoulder and holding her cap and next Grover arrived bag at his back, his usual cap to cover his horn and holding his braces to act as a limp. “ looks whose early?”Grover said facing the two of us –Annabeth and me. Then Chiron arrived holding a small sack. “ hmmmm?”

            “ok, before you leave. Have you all packed the things you need? Where’s . .”

“Am . . I . . . late?” percy arrived sweating and breathing heavily, obviously he run fast as he can.

“you where about to, seaweed brain.” Annabeth smirked.

“So, once again before you leave. Have you all packed the things you need?”

 “ yes Chiron.” We chorused

“ I guess you already read the papers in the envelope.” Chiron said

“yes, the papers inside the envelopes are school papers, papers containing our autobiography, a school permit sign by our principal, that’s you, and some application forms . For short, this –holding the envelope- contains important papers to prove that we are from Yanks Academy searching for scholars to study here.”Annabeth said

“ the scholars we’re searching are the demigods Bush found at Philippines?” Percy asked while checking his envelope. I think he didn’t read it. But we demigods find it hard to read. But if it’s Greek well, we’re fluent with it.

Percy

  . Huh? I was at some kind of place. It’s a bit dark, only the street lamps which is 8-10 meter away each other that serves as the only light. Then i heard some footsteps, like they’re in a hurry. I look around then i noticed a girl and a boy half-walking, half-running. And every time they hear some rustles they looked behind as if  someones about to attack them. I followed them , then they were gone. I don’t know where they went, maybe they hide. Then the wind change, i fell some cold climbing my spine. Then i saw a man. . wait, no! a satyr. I wanted to help him but i can’t. He’s fighting with some kind of a  furry giant with a stick? No a cigarette? The furry giant keep on swatting the satyr. But he always misses. The satyr played his pipe and the plants grows fast and wrapped the furry giant. But it was no use the giant was strong. The satyr played his pipe again then the plants creep at a big rock, and wrapped it. Then the plants lifted the rock and BOOM! The giant burst to dust. I noticed the satyr has wounds, he’s bleeding hard. I run to help him but as i got closer the imaged faded.  

            I was sweating hard. I wonder what happened with the girl and boy. I got worried about the satyr, what if he died bleeding? I checked my watch which Tyson gave and he fixed.

“ what? It’s quarter to 7.”  I jumped out of bed, took a bath, and change my clothes. I forgot about our quest we’ll be leaving today. I took all my things and run fast as i could. I passed Will “ hi percy, why in a hurry?” “hi. I need to go. Tell you when i’m back. Bye!” 

. . . . . Where’s . .”

“Am . . I . . . late?” I arrived sweating and breathing heavily,

“you where about to, seaweed brain.” Annabeth smirked.

“So, once again before you leave. Have you all packed the things you need?”

 “ yes Chiron.” We chorused

“ I guess you already read the papers in the envelope.” Chiron said. Urghh! I forgot about all about it.

“yes, the papers inside the envelopes are school papers, papers containing our autobiography, a school permit sign by our principal, that’s you, and some application forms . For short, this –holding the envelope- contains important papers to prove that we are from Olympus Academy searching for scholars to study here.”Annabeth said .she must have fun reading those paper

“ the scholars we’re searching are the demigods Bush found at Philippines?” I asked while checking the envelope. I remembered my dream. Maybe the satyr i saw in my dream was Bush .i haven’t meet Bush yet. Maybe his new, but i got worried for him.

“ . . . . . the address of the place you’ll be staying. And here are some mortal money.”Chiron said and handed Annabeth a piece of paper, a wallet and a small sack.

“Umm, Chiron? May I ask about our weapon?” Nico asked. “oh, right. Your weapons. Here. I asked Hephaestus for help in disguising it.”

            Cool Annabeth’s dagger became a hairpin; Nico’s sword became a ring. Looks good.

“Wow, cool.” Grover bleated

“ok, are you all ready to leave?” Chiron asked. “ you will be riding the pegasi, Blackjack and WhiteSugar. They’re the fastest of all the pegasi here.”

I saw a black Pegasus next to it is a gray Pegasus .Yoo boss! – Blackjack that’s him all right. They galloped all the way to the front of the big house. Hi boss. Do you have any sugar cubes? Blackjack said. Sugar? Sugar? Where?the gray Pegasus said maybe this is WhiteSugar.WhiteSugar? She’s not even white, she’s gray.

So, after a short meeting we hopped on the Pegasus. Me and Annabeth on Blackjack while Grover and Nico on WhiteSugar. At first WhiteSugar keep on complaining about Nico riding her like:

You smell like dead.     I’ll smell like a dead horse.  And etc.

After several minutes, we finally convince her if she let Nico ride her she’ll have some sugar cubes. Sugar? I love sugar! Yum! yum!

Nico

For how many minutes of convincing this Pegasus, the only thing that could convince her is a sugar cube. I really hate flying. I had the feeling that anytime Zeus could throw his thunderbolt at me. Being the son of Hades and all. I’m not allow up in the sky or down at the sea. The only safe place for a child of Hades is at the underworld. But still, there’s no place safe for a demigod. Monsters could sense demigods, especially like me, Percy and Thalia.