#20. Getaway

Shortbin
Oi!
Aussie boy!

Lixeu
Wut?
Wanna ask me out? ;)

Shortbin
Uh, no.
Just wanna know what you're up to lately.
You haven't been hanging out much with y/n, she told me every day how much she misses you.

Lixeu
Oh!
It's something big at the moment.
I've told her that I'll be busy for a while.

Shortbin
For goodness sake.
Is that 'something big' is more important than y/n?

Lixeu
What?|
Wh|
Changbin, my future depends on this.
Mine and also y/n's.
Please, take care of y/n for me for a while.

Shortbin
So you're not even telling me, your friend, what you're up to?
Fine then.

Lixeu
Changbin, I really can't tell you now.
I'll surely tell you and y/n later, I promise.
Just please, be right by y/n's side when I'm not there for her.

Shortbin
You better keep your words kid.
You don't know how much I love y/n|
You don't know how muc|
You don|
You better not hurt her.

***

"Y/n!" called Changbin who was lying his head on the counter of your shop.

You replied to him with a, "Hm," as you kept reading the book you were into the last few days.

"I'm so bored," he whined.

You took a glance at him before focusing back on the book, "I didn't drag you here so you're free to go," you said that made Changbin looked at you in disbelieve.

"Did you just... cast me out?" asked Changbin in that made up tone.

"I will be if you don't stop whining at me about how much you're bored every two minutes," you said that made Changbin chuckled and shut his mouth.

Changbin spun his chair around as a middle-aged lady entered the shop, "Y/n darling," she called that made you shot your head up.

"Mrs. Jung, it has been a while since the last time you visited my shop. What can I do for you?" you asked politely as you give her a welcoming smile.

Mrs. Jung waved her hand in front of her and chuckled, "Nothing important. I just came by to see if there's a book you can recommend me to read in my free time,"

"Of course, let me get some interesting books while you wait here," you said as you were about to leave the counter when you got reminded about Changbin.

Too late, Mrs. Jung asked you 'that' question, "Who's this handsome guy you're with y/n? Aren't you with the Aussie boy next door?"

You shook your hand rapidly, "He's one of my best friends. We sorta met when I picked up my brother at the airport," you said that made her nodded. "Mrs. Jung, this is Changbin and Changbin this is Mrs. Jung, she's my neighbor," you said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am," said Changbin.

"Well, I can say the same thing. What do you do for a living?" she asked.

"I'm currently running my uncle's consulting agency. I also produce music in my free time," he said that made Mrs. Jung nodded.

"Productive I see. Good one," she said before focusing back on you. "Then how are you with the Aussie y/n darling?"