3 - Quiet Morning

Y/N's POV

"He just disappeared?!"

I woke up on the floor of my room, my hair a knotted mess, and my left tit hurting.

I got up, fixed my homeless, street-dweller look and began to bang on my door as loud as I could. I slammed my shoe into the door, trying to leave as many marks as I could in a simple rebellion.

My mother had finally, begrudgingly, let me out of my room. "FREEDOM!" I screamed like a little child, earning me a harsh smack upside the head.

I tried to break for the kitchen, but my mother easily slammed her jeweled fist into my stomach, making me double over in pain.

I tasted bile on my tongue. She reached and pinched the soft tissue on the back of my arm.

I waited, sitting on the floor as my mother threw different dresses at me. I sifted through the old things, finding a dress that wasn't in style, but better than the giant pink dress my mother wanted me to wear.

 I sifted through the old things, finding a dress that wasn't in style, but better than the giant pink dress my mother wanted me to wear

I loved the look of those shorter dresses. Right now, with the choice of a comfortable simple dress or one I couldn't move in, I was grateful.

I knew my mom would make me change into a whole outfit - probably from her 1890 prime years - if we went out. Old dresses were beautiful, but the times were changing!

It all didn't matter to me in this moment. I just want to eat! But the stupid rule my mom came up with that we need to be dressed and blah blah.

I recklessly pulled the dress on and bolted out the unprotected door. I laughed with victory before slamming into a door that opened in front of me.

"Bejabbers!" I screamed, falling backwards.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! You must be Y/N!"

I looked up to see blue eyes and golden-brown curls. "I am? I mean I am Y/N! Who are you?"
"Henrik Sandelin."

He smelled and reminded me of a cold summer breeze with the gentle scent of the tree blossoms wafting in...much like last night-

"Y/N!" I heard my mom yell.

I scrambled up. My mom smiled once she saw Henrik. "Won't you join us for breakfast?"
"That would be lovely."

He sat down at our table, my mom entertaining him as I made breakfast. "Johnnycake, egg, and cold meat."
"Johnnycake!? I am sorry for my daughter's sweet tooth, she can't seem to understand real food."

I frowned and served the plates. Henrik quickly shoveled down breakfast, and I took it as the okay to stuff my face, but my mother snatched my plate up. Her eyes narrowed at me and I could practically hear, "Watch your figure, Y/N!"

Henrik helped himself and I smirked with pride as most of the Johnnycake disappeared. My mom gave a little huff.

...

Henrik quickly ate, we made some small talk, before he checked the clock. "Thank you for the meal," he begun to generously tell me that I had made a great breakfast. Take that mother! I only slightly burned the eggs!

I smiled as he left and shut the door after waving a bye to him. I was quick to turn around and interrogate my mother, "Why was he here?"
"He was a door to door salesman...I think. He just knocked on the door and I invited him in."
"Oh?"
"He was a gentleman, though he can eat a whole lot. He ate like he didn't eat in years."
"And he liked the cornbread."

My mother glared at me, but sighed, "And he liked the cornbread."

Johnnycake - Cornbread! Sometimes flatter, like a modern pancake. I LOVE Johnnycake!

Hello.

Look at this, another chapter. Person knows who they are who motivated me to write faster😄

This was short and probably meaningless of a chapter except for the Henrik cameo (hint- he might be in the story more!)

Thank you.