Chapter 15

Manhattan, New York
Saturday, June 6
Beyonce

I crawled across the floor, distracting myself from the pain. Obviously this girl didn't mean to shoot me but at the same time, how the fuck you not mean to shoot somebody? She knew exactly what she was doing. She aimed that shit straight for my thigh. It wasn't like it was an adrenaline rush for her. For her, shit was calm, shit was easy so for me, this shit was about to be easy.

Grabbing the gun from beside Pleasure's head, I shot her in the head. I should have shot Pleasure's ass there but my dumb ass is slipping off my game for real.

I pulled myself up on the couch then limped into his kitchen. I ripped half of my shirt and put it on the island before pulling down my pants. I pulled up the leg of my boxers and wrapped that shirt around my thigh, biting my lip to conceal my pain.

I needed something else. I was losing way too much blood, way too damn fast. I could feel myself getting more faint than usual when I got shot but I'm not about to let myself die in a nigga's house that I came to kill. The hell I look like?

I took off the rest of my shirt, applying more pressure on the bullet wound. I refrained from all that extra screaming shit. It wasn't necessary. I know everything I need to do accustomed to my body. I've been shot before. I'd almost been killed before. I'm straight. This ain't shit.

Cleo

With my hand on my stomach, I smiled at my glow. Being in this life with child brought many challenges but being in this life with child and trying not to let anyone know was the absolute worst. If I were to get shot, I would just have to take it! No hospitals, no cops, no ambulance. I got myself and this baby.

I couldn't trust anyone else, not even my Daddy. Him and Lucifer were the ones that taught me how to kill so when Daddy started doing business with the enemy (Pleasure), I knew something had to give. That's when I started having sex with Tony again. We'd stopped talking after high school and we just rekindled. Now I'm pregnant with his baby.

Tony's a good guy and honestly... I love him. To death. If it were me or him, I would sacrifice myself. He knew I was pregnant and was real excited about it. He wanted a little girl, I did too.

"Cleo! Baby girl, we gotta go!"

"Coming!"

I wished what I was about to do wasn't happening. It didn't feel right. Lucifer had always been there for me so to kill people she cared about the most was going to hurt me in the long run. I never wanted it to come to this.

I dressed myself in all black, got my gun, and followed Daddy and Bishop out of the house. Bishop disgusted me. He wanted everything Lucifer had and would cross any line to get it. Daddy was the same.

The moment we pulled up to Lucifer's estate, there was a line of bulky black men formed out in front of the three of us.

"Lucifer isn't expecting anyone right now."

"We're close friends." Daddy said.

The man in the middle smirked. "Funny. Close friends. But seriously, no visitors. She isn't even here right now."

So where the fuck is she? I wanted to say sorry after I killed the last standing wonder, that disrespectful, loud-mouth, hothead bitch and her sweet Granny. A sweet lady but too old for the game.

"Where is she?"

"Don't know. Leave."

"Oh you know something Pretty Boy. Where the fuck is Devil?" Bishop gritted his teeth.