VidCon Panels

Today was the first time that you were going to be on a panel for VidCon. Sure, you had visited the event before. But you never had your own booth, signing, or panel. Everything was a bit of a blur as you started your channel and people reacted well to it, quickly. Based on your content, you didn't expect to be invited to a panel, let alone the event itself.

You arrived and there were a lot of happy fans waiting to see you. Several people stopped you on your way to the event and while walking to your designated area. Surprisingly enough, there was a decent line waiting for you. After about two hours of chatting with fans and taking enough pictures to make your face hurt, it was time for the panel.

The title of the panel was "Roast vs " Several of your friends were going to be present on the panel, as well as a few people you didn't know. To name a couple, RiceGum, FSUATL, and LeafyIsHere. Sure, you would throw in a few shady comments every once in a while, but you didn't think it was enough to warrant you being on the panel. If anything, you gave constructive criticism.

Once reviewing the list, you realized they also decided to include a few people on the panel who's channel was the opposite of a roast. There would be three people who's specialty was roasting, three who's specialty was empowering others, and three who were in-between. Essentially, it was going to be a highly controversial panel. On one end, you had what was considered the cancer of YouTube, and on the other there was the angels and saints. They set the room up to be least cancerous to most, leaving you sitting next to the cancer group; being that you were considered to be "in-between."

Fans had already started to argue with one another before the panel even started. Each fan was firing words and trying to justify their favorite YouTuber. In order to dissolve some of the problems, YouTube decided to organize a truth or dare between the fans to have the panel participate in. Each one of you was given a sheet of paper with a "truth" or "dare" printed on it. To your luck, you managed to get a truth.

It went down the line, starting with the angels of YouTube. There were a couple questions for the truth people that were along the lines of either a relationship or if they would ever be a fan one of the cancerous channels. When it came to a couple dares, it involved a prank phone call and roasting one of the roast/cancer channels. Finally, it got to you. You were a little apprehensive as some young girl stood up and asked you, "Since you're in-between, who's channel, on the panel, do you like the most?" You think for a few seconds and then say, "I'd have to go with Leafy's channel. I think he's absolutely hilarious and it helps that he's cute. Congrats on your recent sub goal, by the way." Hearing this, everyone goes absolutely crazy. There are several comments being thrown your and Leafy's way. Everyone on the panel simply laughs and moves on.

Eventually, it reaches the end and Leafy holds the mike while opening his sheet of paper. "Fuck me." He says under his breath. "It's a dare." He says, sighing. Some male fan is given the mike and stands to greet the panel. Everyone is a bit anxious to know what the dare is. Leafy is a little relieved at the site of the fan's shirt saying "Reptilian Army." The fan begins by saying, "Y/N and Leafy are my OTP, I dare you to kiss Y/N." Both of your faces turn a pink tint and are surprised by his dare. Of all the things, you didn't expect for him to say that. Everyone on the panel is laughing and the audience is going crazy and have started chanting "Kiss."

Leafy takes his mike and says, "Well, Y/N. I've never lost a dare." You are still lost in a fit of laughter as he gets up and walks over to you. You manage to catch your breath and the audience is getting louder by the second. The other people on the panel are throwing comments to both of you. You look up to him with an expression that asks, "Are you really going to do this here, now?" Before you can process what's happening, his lips are attached to your cheek as he plants a sweet kiss there.

He quickly removes himself and turns to walk back to his seat. He holds the mike and says, "You didn't actually think I would kiss Y/N on the lips in front of you guys, did you?" The audience is hollering at his comment and your actions. He smirks and looks back at you to see your face in your hands. You are a blushing mess and can't control the smile on your face. How were you supposed to talk with anyone after this panel? You catch his eyes on you and groan at the trouble this is going to cause you. Nevertheless, you can't but think about how the feeling of his soft, plump lips still lingers on your cheek.

The panel quickly ends after and everyone goes into the back area. Everyone is exchanging contact information and you are stopped by Leafy who says, "Hey! I hope you don't mind about earlier." You chuckle and say, "It's a dare, I know you didn't really mean it, it's no big deal." He looks to you and says, "Maybe I did, what are you doing later? I'm in town for the next week, we should hang out." You are surprised at his question and stumble on your words, and he has a small smile at how cute you look to him.

You finally find the right words and say, "Fuck me, I cannot speak." You chuckle before continuing with, "I'm not doing anything tonight. I was going to go to the afterparty but you want do something instead?" His face lights up at your words and his smile grows. He says, "Great! I mean, sure. Yeah, do you mind to trade numbers? Then we can coordinate later." You chuckle at his nervousness and say, "Of course."

The two of you exchange numbers and crack a few jokes about what happened. Finally you both say goodbye walk away from the conversation smiling to yourselves. Who knew a little truth or dare could result in this?