Prologue

"You remind me of gumusservi," Oliver chuckled. I glanced up to see him staring at the moon, it's light illuminating his perfect face.

As I stood there on the sheer ledge, gazing upon this beautiful creature, a nagging thought arose in my mind. I was leaving him, this beautiful creature. I was momentarily confused at why I thought this, because I didn't know where I was going or why. The thought was fluttering around in my head now, and I felt a pain in my heart. I was leaving him, the only love I'd known in years.

"What does that mean?" I finally asked, my voice soft. A cold wind brushed at my ear and I pulled my beanie down. His reply was very quiet, so quiet I almost didn't hear him, but I caught what he said. "You." He turned and looked at me, I almost didn't recognize him. His hair was uncharacteristically messy and his eyes were dark and unreadable. "You know I love you, Dakota." He said and kissed me softly. Then he broke away. "Never forget that." He murmured.

At that second I felt a searing pain and realized that somehow, he was about to die. I screamed his name and reached for him but I was too late. My fingers brushed his sleeve as he fell off the ledge, the cold rapids below lapping up at him hungrily. I heard the splash and everything went black.