Late Night Run

The door closed to reveal Sirius Black. Hermione took a defensive stance in front of harry. "If you want to kill Harry, you have to kill us too!" She said, no trace of fear in her voice.

"No. Only one will die tonight." Sirius' raspy voice spoke.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry whipped out his wand and aimed it at Sirius.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry?"

"Expelliarmus! Well, well, Sirius. Looking rather ragged, aren't we?  Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within." Remus burst in, wand raised at Sirius also.

"Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you?" The two men hugged briefly but Remus took notice of the half conscious girl on the floor.

"Poppy are you ok?" He asked. She raised her hand with a thumbs up.

"Just peachy." She groaned before her hand flopped back to her side, causing her to let put a groan.

"I found him." Sirius spoke.

"I know." Remus nodded.

"It's him." He continued.

"I understand." Remus replied.

"Let's kill him!" Sirius urged.

"No! I trusted you! And all this time, you've been his friend. He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes." Hermione yelled.

"How long have you known?" Remus asked, his voice as gentle as ever.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay." She answered.

"'Well, Hermione. You are the brightest witch of your age I've ever met." Lupin complimented.

"Enough talk, Remus! Come on, let's kill him!" The mad man urged.

"Wait!"

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban!"

"Very well. Kill him. But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why."

"I know why. You betrayed my parents. You're the reason they're dead!"

"No, it wasn't him. Somebody did betray your parents somebody who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead!"

"Who was it, then?"

"Peter Pettigrew! And he's in this room! Right now! Come out, come out, Peter! Come out, come out and play!"

"Expelliarmus! Vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you." Snape burst into the room, wand aimed at Sirius.

"Oh that's it, everybody in." Poppy rolled her eyes as she stood up.

"Severus..." Lupin tried to reason.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping a friend into the castle. Here's the proof." Snape had a god awful smirk on his face as he eyed the two.

"Brilliant, Snape. You've put your keen mind to the task and come to the wrong conclusion." Sirius mocked. "If you'll excuse us, Remus and I have business to attend to."

"Give me a reason. I beg you!" Snape aimed his wand to Sirius' neck.

"Don't be a fool." Lupin reasoned.

"He can't help it. It's habit." Sirius shot back.

"Be quiet." Lupin scolded.

"Be quiet yourself!" Sirius responded childishly.

"You two, quarrelling like an old married couple." Snape drawled.

"Run along and play with your chemistry set!" Sirius mocked.