Chapter 1

(2:07pm) Calum: Pls answer your phone
(2:13pm) Calum: Luke I'm sorry about last night

Calum sighed and threw his phone into the chair beside him in frustration. He had a fight with his boyfriend last night. Luke was so angry and upset with Calum that he left. Calum's mother always used to tell him: 'Never leave the house angry because you never know when it will be the last time you see someone'.

They have obviously been in a fight before, but non of them ever left without saying sorry. Calum is feeling guilty and he's worried about Luke. Why is he not answering his phone? Where did he go last night? Is he safe?

Calum's phone starts buzzing and he immediately grabs it, hoping it's Luke... but it's not.

(2:44pm) Ashton: Cal are you home?
(2:45pm) Calum: Yeah what's up?
(2:46pm) Ashton: Open your door

Calum opens his front door, and sees Ashton running towards him from across the street. It's storming and Ashton is drained by the rain.

"What's wrong? What are you doing here?," Calum asks.

Ashton eyes are red, as if he had been crying. "Let's go inside," He says.

They walk inside Calum's house and Ashton closes the door behind him. He keeps staring at the ground, he just can't look Calum in the eyes while telling him this. "Luke had a car accident?,"

"What?," Calum asks, shocked. "He doesn't even have a driver's licence,"

"Yeah, that's why he had an accident..."

"Is he hurt? Did he break something? Is he in the hospital?," Calum asks, rushing to the living room to grab his own car keys. He puts on his leather jacket. "Let's go to the hospital,"

"No, Call wait-,"

"Wait? No! He's probably all alone! I'm not leaving him alone while he's hurt!"

"Calum stop!" Ashton shouts. Tears are rolling down his cheeks. "He's not in the hospital... He's gone,"

"Gone? What do you mean?"

"He didn't survive the car crash,"

Calum immediately felt empty. It felt like someone had stabbed him in the heart. It felt like someone kicked him in his stomach. No. He can't be gone. He's everything I have.

"You're lying," Calum whispers. "Stop lying to me!" He pushes Ashton against his chest. Ashton tumbles backward and falls against the door, hitting his head.

"Stop!"

"He's not gone! " Tears start pouring down Calum's cheek now too. "He can't be!" He falls down onto his knees, and buries his face into his hands. "I love him,"

Ashton wraps his arm around his friends shoulder. "He knows that,"

"We had a fight last night and he left," Calum cries. "And now I can never tell him how sorry I am,"