Chapter 14: Truth With A Key

"Young Lady with raven locks, why do you grieve at my feet tonight?"

Huh? Where am I ? Wasn't I just with Senri and Rima?

I frantically looked up and down but saw nothing but the tunnel in front of me. A flicker of light waver inside of the tunnel and my feet start walking on there own. Terror was the emotion I felt at that moment as I took each breathe.

The stone walls were filled with satanic symbols written and a single drop of red, slid down the wall.

How did I get here? Am I kidnapped?

Fear-dropping thoughts crowded my mind when I suddenly a living person.

Two?

"Umm.. Hello? Can you help me?" I called to the small girl.

The girl ignored me and hanged onto a pale hand that belonged to a man in a black cloak. That's when it hit me...Don't they notice me?

"Hello!?" I yelled and took a risk forward.

Out of nowhere, a weird pentagon appeared near their feet. Preventing me from coming any closer to the strangers. The flame danced around the girl and the strange man, as I heard the faint crying.

"Why have you been sent to my den once again?" Boomed the man in the cloak.

"Peccatum" She respond with puffy red eyes as I shivered at the word.

I stood there watching and still thinking: How did I get here?

"Of what?"

The girl with the pale soulless eyes kept her gaze to the floor.

"I see...That peccatum that you committed, cherish it. Let it grow my child" he said proudly as he ruffled the girl's hair.

"I can't" She whimpered.

"Ah...You're in the age of regret, my dear"

" idcirco occidit , ne i ... viribus uti" This time I knew she was speaking in Latin but I didn't really know much.

"Then I'll vanish that peccatum from my palms"

The small girl lifted her head and slowly nodded at his voice.

"In exchange, bind me with you... You'll be my eyes and ears to the outside world"

"Deal"

"But a curse will be set on you from the moment you faint"

"I'll do anything, my-"

Crap! Why am I here eavesdropping?

What are they talking about? And how do I get out of here?

"Misaki! Watch out!" A distant scream interrupted my thoughts and I popped my head up.

Then everything disappeared ... I'm standing on the street. I stared straight ahead and I see Senri running toward me. Confused both my legs melt to the road and I feel the air on my back.

Wait, what's going on?