The Brave Lily and The Dreaming Sunflower

Author's Notes: This chapter contains a mature scene.

The next two weeks passed with Lisa and Sooya spending almost all of their free time together. Even when Lisa had work, Sooya would wait for her to finish and they would go do something crazy. So Lisa was so excited to leave work everyday, today included.

"Will that be all, sir?", asked Lisa to their head.

"Lisa, I noticed that you seem to be in a rush lately. Is everything okay?", asked her editor-in-chief in response.

"Everything's fine, sir. Thank you for asking.", said Lisa.

"That's good. I also noticed that you've improved a lot this past few days. Even your peers are saying that you've begun talking to them. I've never doubted your skill in photography which is why you got promoted to Junior Photographer in a very short time."

Lisa's editor-in-chief had always rooted for her. He acknowledged Lisa's photography skills and the only thing she was lacking was good people skills. And now, he could see that Lisa got those in the bag as well.

"I'm really thankful, sir. I promise not to let you down.", said Lisa.

"I was thinking of giving you your own team. You'll be in charge of at least 3 stories per week and one special feature every month. I think you're ready Lisa. But this means a lot more responsibility, longer office hours and no days off. It pays really well though and you'll get to travel more. Don't answer me now. Think about it over the weekend.", said her editor-in-chief.

Lisa was surprised by the offer. She wasn't expecting another promotion this soon. She left work smiling and ran straight to the parking lot, heading to Sooya's car. 

"Everything okay?", asked Sooya when she saw Lisa's confused look.

"I think my boss just offered me a promotion. Again...", replied Lisa.

Sooya immediately hugged Lisa and congratulated her. "That's great! We should celebrate then! You'll accept the promotion, right?"

"I want to... But it means longer hours... And no day offs. I wouldn't have time for you.", replied Lisa.

Sooya broke the hug and smiled a sad smile at Lisa.

"Lisa... Did you forget?", asked Sooya while holding Lisa's hands.

"Forget what?"

"It's my last day here. My vacation ends tomorrow."

Lisa was shocked. She did forget. She was so happy the last few days that her mind refused to accept that Sooya was leaving soon. Not soon, tomorrow.

"Can't you extend your vacation? Even for just another week?", begged Lisa.

"I already extended my stay. I was supposed to fly back to Korea a week ago. My father's really worried and my mother's really mad."

"What?? So you're really leaving tomorrow? I--", Lisa didn't know what to say. Tears fell from her eyes and Sooya kept wiping them dry.

"Stop crying, our time is so limited already, we should spend all our last minutes together with a smile. Where do you want to go?", asked Sooya as she kissed Lisa's hand.

"I don't know. You decide please. You're the one who's about to leave. Is there anywhere else that you want to visit?", replied Lisa.