Intertwined

This story will be told from 2 different point of views. Try not to get confused, but if you do just ask me and i'll be more than happy to help. Enjoy. And yes, this is the rewritten version of this book. Now,enjoy!

Becky's POV

"Sometimes you don't know. Sometimes you just have to dive straight into the murky waters of unknowing. You have to get to a point in your life where you are simply satisfied with not knowing your next move. And when you get to that point, you'll just know. You'll know that you can survive whatever life throws at you. I can't lie and say it won't hurt. Whatever life throws at you, most of the time it hurts. It just means you can survive it."

I read my carefully thought out words. I wasn't sure if I liked them or not. My handwriting was shaky and unsure, but it was better than nothing. I had a better feeling about this story, it was of me. Not some character I made up after countless hours of brainstorming and doodling. This was all me.

Sadly I was pulled out of my thoughts from the deafening ring of our school bell that signaled everyone it was time to leave. Well everyone except me of course. Of course.

On the one day I actually wanted to return to my broken household, I had to stay at the one place that brought me joy. Only this time, no joy at all would be brought.

I arrived in detention with my head hung low. My favorite class all throughout my high school years. One of the few classes I walked into wearing a smile on my face. 

I walked up to my writing teacher with a glum expression. My shoulders were sagged downwards as I handed Mr.Edwards my brown detention slip. 

 "Becky you're in here for," Mr.Edwards bright green eyes widened as he read on,"For fighting?" his rough voice was laced with confusion," You aren't one to fight. How could you show violence when you're the kindest person I've met?"

My brown eyes met his green ones as I looked at him. I pushed my purple square glasses up and tucked a piece of my long brown hair behind my ear.

 "It wasn't my fault," I said now looking down at my fidgeting fingers,"I accidentally bumped into this guy as I was reading in the hallway. He knocked off my glasses and my notebook too. He didn't even help. He just stood there."

"So you got in trouble for bumping into some guy while reading?" Mr.Edwards pink lips pressed into a thin line,"I'm going to give the principal a call and tell him that you don't deserve detention and that you can leave."

Before he could start dialing the principal, I stopped him.

"As much as I would love that, it wouldn't be true. I haven't finished telling you everything."

He nodded for me to go on.

"Anyways, he just stood there. So I bent down and picked up all my stuff myself. And then I walked pass him and called him a 'bitch'. Yeah. He didn't like that. He grabbed me by the arm, and asked me what I said. I repeated it loud and clear for him. He called me a 'whore'. How funny. I didn't know by me simply calling some random guy a bitch makes me a whore. I don't fit the description of a whore, but okay. As if he could read my thoughts, or maybe it was because I rolled my eyes, he slapped me right across the face. Not that it hurt. But still. All I did was self-defend myself. I punched him in the nose. And he fell. Then teachers came. Sent me to see Mr.Williams. So yeah. A guy insulted and slapped a girl and I barely punched him. Yet I get detention for a week. And he only gets it for 3 days."

Mr.Edwards shook his head.

"Well I'm sorry that happened to you. Did you at least tell Mr.Williams your side of the story?"