2 [Cole's POV]

It has been a long time since I have touched my personal books. But I will be updating my books ore than my imagines. Please enjoy.

After all these years, I finally got some word out of her. I've tried for so long to get her attention, yet was shot down every time. I mean, I guess it wasn't her fault. She had these friends that never let me even remotely near her. Plus she always had that beautiful face of hers in a book. 

Oh goodness, the look she had whenever she was reading. That's when I loved her the most. She could care less about the world in that moment in time All that matters to her are the words on the page in front of her. But there much more than just words to her. They're a whole entire universe at the grasp of her fingertips. And she loved it.

I guess I also deserved it. For her to ignore me. I mean, I caused her so much pain.

She was just so beautiful. I never meant for things to be this way, but I still don't understand why she said we're not friends. I mean yes we may have stopped talking but that's not my fault. She just ignored me one day and turned to her new group of friends and books.

I still remember the good old days. How could I ever forget them. 

I looked down at the time on my phone. It was 15 minutes till 5. I was going to be late. 

I jumped into my car. As I put my car in reverse, I couldn't help it as my mind went back to how it used to be.

*FlashBack*

"Hurry up Mom," 6 year-old me said running trying to open the door.

"Okay,okay," my mom said chuckling.

As soon as she let me out, I bolted towards the door. I didn't even have to knock, I just let myself in.

"Cole!" I heard a girlish voice shout with glee.

I turned around and saw a much younger version of Becky running towards me. She tackled me and we both started laughing.

"Becky I missed you sooo much," I whined.

She giggled.

"Silly,we saw each other yesterday," Becky said getting off of me.

"I know but nighttime is just such a long time being apart from you," I said hugging her.

*End of FlashBack*

We use to be so close back then, what happened? One day we were friends and the next we weren't. And I was determined to figure out why she shut me out. Becky probably wouldn't believe this if I ever told her, but it breaks my heart every time I see her with her friends instead of me. 

Every time they're walking down the halls laughing. When they surprise her on her birthday with books and gift cards to Barnes and Nobles. I even feel a pang of jealousy when a certain one of her friends puts his arms around her. She's my girl.

Or, at least she once was.

My knuckles turned white as my grip hardened around the steering wheel. I pulled onto my street with a heavy heart. My mind was screaming at me to drive to her house. To drive to her and tell her that she drove me crazy. How I did indeed try to get to her but they always stopped me.

I wanted to so badly. But she seemed to want absolutely nothing to do with me. And that killed me. I was crushing on her, but she didn't give a damn about me. No I wasn't crushing. I was in love with her. The passion that formed in my heart with simply the mere thought of her was greater than anyone had anyone explained. It could only be what people refer to as love.