Chapter 1: Dark

Emptiness. It's takin over me. It builds inside me. This feels nothing at all and you'll wish you'll just die. But I can't. In my case I can't.

Someone died for me and his sacrifice will turn into nothing if I will take my own life. I need to go through with my life. Act as if nothing happened.

"Your grades are constantly low. You need to do something. I don't want you to lose your scholarship." she gave me a concern smile. She pitied me. Everyone does and it makes me feels sick. Nakakasawa na.

"I know it's been hard for you but please do this for yourself." as if uniform na ang lahat ng sinasabi nila. They all say they know, they understand me and everything but I don't think they hardly understand what I've been through.

"Thank you for your concern. I'll do my best like I always do." tipid na ngiti ko at saka umalis.

"What did she say? I swear to god I thought kakausapin nya na naman ako tungkol sa grades ko nung lumapit sya." lamapit sya sakin at humawak sa braso ko. Tinignan ko iyon.

"Miranda stop being so clingy. Mamaya isipin nilang close tayo." tanggal ko sa kamay nya. Umayos sya ng tayo at inirapan ako.

"Ew. I hate to break this to you but as times goes by I can say that we are getting really close and you can't do anything about this." she flip her on me. Tumawa lang ako.

If this happens last year I knew my approach would be different. Miranda and I were practically enimies. She's the best friend and I'm the girlfriend. Simula palang she admit na inlove sya sa best friend nya and that's how our conflict happens.

But after the incident she sticks with me like a gum and never leaves again. Sometimes this closeness makes me want to puke or something. But deep within me I'm thankful for her company. We became our constant companion because one way or another we knew he's living within us.

"Matatanggal na scholarship ko." sabi ko sa kanya habang tinatahak namin ang cafeteria.

Everything plays havoc without him and that includes my studies. I'm a scholar and always on top of my game under his guidance but everything feels empty and purposeless.

"Come over at my place. I can help you study." tumigil sya sa paglalakad at seryosong tumitig sakin. Napangiti ako.

"But you hate studying." I tease.

"I hate you more." sapak nya sa braso ko at nagmadaling pumasok sa canteen para iwan ako. Natawa ko sa akto nya.

"Hi Levi." masayang sabi ko sa lalaking umakbay sakin. Sabay kaming umupo sa spot namin sa cafeteria.

"How can you always say it was me?" nagtatakang tanong nya bago umupo sa tabi ko.

He smells like grass and coconut. Refreshing. Like him. But I will never say that. Pareho lang kaming magiging awkward. That was constantly happening to me nowadays. Umiling nalang ako bilang sagot ko.

Nandito na ang iba sa mga kaibigan namin. More like kaibigan nila. Yep. Nila, they weren't mine in the first place. If it weren't for him I doubt that they will notice me. He's the famous guy, the team captain, the friendly. In short, we're different. I was a typical nerd just trying to surpass and maintain good grades to maintain my scholarship. Wala kong pambayad kaya I strive hard.

Everything was about school and my part time job until I met him. He showed me a different world and tried many things with him. I love him for breaking my walls and helping me out of my shell.

When he died all of the students came to pay him their last respect. Everyone cried for him because everyone love him.

Nilabanan ko ang pagtulo ng luha ko. Who in the right mind ang iiyak sa cafeteria habang ang lahat sa lamesang ito ay masayang nagkkwentuhan? No one.