CHAPTER 5 - TWO YEARS OF DEEP SECRET

Two years ago. Nabi café. Wednesday. 6:10 am.

Yoon arrived for his morning shift. "Good morning, Boss!" He said cheerfully. His boss just walked passed him and gave him a small wave with his hand. He was preoccupied. His boss's frown betrayed him. Yoon knew everything that was going on in this coffee shop. He grew up with him. He was a father figure to him. His boss took him under his wings when he was only five years old. He found him on a cold lonely night in Korea when he was there for some business. He vowed to himself to help his boss no matter what. He saved his life back then. He knew he would have died if no one came to save him. He knew he should have died 20 years ago. So, if his boss ever needs someone, he will be there. He will do anything. If he asks him to end someone, he will do it without hesitation.

He always called him "Boss" because it was easier for him. No strings attached even though they knew they created a strong bond for the last 20 years. If he started calling him by his real name, he could have made a mistake and ruined everything planned. That was the main reason why he never asked for his name. If anyone questions him, he wouldn't know the answer. He can't betray him.

When his boss entered the coffee shop with that expression, he knew something bad was going on. He decided to knock on the door at the end of the corridor where the manager room is located.

Boss: Come in.

Yoon: Is everything alright, sir?

Boss: No. We have a big problem, Yoon. Do you remember what I always tell you?

Yoon: Always be ready to abandon you in emergency.

Boss: The day will come, Yoon. Sooner than I thought.

Yoon: What do you mean? How do you know?

Boss: Have a look.

Boss handed him a pile of paper. They were pictures. Pictures of his daughter. In one picture, she was playing with her friend at the park. In another, she was sitting in class. Another where she talked to a boy, when she went to a restaurant, when she went to the theme park and last but not least, one when she was twelve years old. Yoon understood that it was a threat. To show them that they knew where they were for the past 8 years. That there was no escape. Thankfully, they didn't know about his existence because he was just another employee and nothing more. Little did they know that Yoon has been working with his Boss since he was recruited on those dirty streets. He started training at five, went to the army at eighteen, get out of there at twenty and continue learning martials arts, fighting techniques and self-defence for the next five years. He was a pro at everything. He can defeat the enemy easily, but he never tried against that gang. Those who are coming for his Boss's daughter. He knew that he must protect her no matter what. One thing Yoon hided from his Boss is that he grew fond of her. They lived together and were separate once she was at the age where she can understand situation and have her own opinions. They left Korea in a hurry without even saying goodbye. She can't remember him. It was for her own safety and her dad's one. Yoon identity must be hidden at all cost. Years passed and he missed her. He saw her once a week since she came to the coffee shop every Wednesday and stayed there to study. He will look at her, but she never recognized him. It hurt him a little on the inside. He knew all the little details, from her smile when she received a text to her frustration when she couldn't resolve a problem from her textbook. But she knew nothing. Not even the past.

Even though his boss owned the coffee shop, he was rarely there. He has priorities and the coffee shop isn't one of them. It was just an undercover business to help Yoon participate in his boss's plan. Yoon always take the lead and dirige everything and everyone, so that the shop won't close. It was a good place to look after her. Her dad fought to get this spot. Near the house and near her school, literally in the middle.