Part 2 Red Shoe

Two days later, since they finished exploring the whole village about a day ago, they decided to kill time doing whatever they want.

Mae wanted to fill her stomach with some sweets, she went downstairs to the kitchen. She noticed a shiny red shoe outside the window, she exited to get a closer look. It was the other pair of that red shoe she once saw in the mansion's yard.

Mae ran to Tinna's house carrying the shoe and when Mae got there, she started to throw pebbles on Tinna's bedroom window. Tinna opened the window with an annoyed look. Mae showed her the red shoe and explained that they could have a second visit by returning the shoe to the owner. Tinna agreed with Mae.

Minutes later, they finally arrived to their destination with their bikes. The odd thing is, the gates were wide open, like they were welcomed or was expected to come. They didn't bother, they focused in returning the shoe. But before Tinna could say something about trespassing, Mae cut her off telling her that they are just returning the shoe. Mae still felt a little scared though.

Mae walked through the open gates as Tinna followed. They were finally in front of the mansion's thick door, Mae knocked nervously, no response.

They both waited for a few minutes until their patience almost ran out.

No one was probably home, as they were about to leave, the door creaked open. Standing there was a handsome teenage boy wearing a black turtle neck sweater.

"What do you want?" he asked, Tinna showed him the little red shoe.

He frowned thinking it was a joke for bringing him a girly red shoe. Someone from behind him appeared, it was a little girl with twin tails, and she was about six years old.

"Big brother, you do not have to worry. They came to deliver me back my shoe" she told her brother.

"Please come in, I would want to have a girl companion. Since my brother always invites old men." she explained.

"I..don't..know" Tinna replied unsure. The little girl made a disappointed look.

"C'mon Tinna! Please!" Mae begged. "We can explore indoors~" she persuaded.

Tinna looked at the teenage boy if it was alright, the little girl showed her big brother a heart warming smile. Her big brother sighed and approved. The little girl grabbed Tinna and Mae and happily invited bringing the in the mansion.

The interior of the mansion was old but beautiful, it was well arranged and there was a lot of rooms to explore! But Tinna left wondering why the siblings let them in their rich mansion so easily.

They introduced each other while following the little girl to her playroom. She was named Sindy and her brother is Evol. Sindy wanted to have time with only the three of them.

"I'll leave Sindy to you girls, but if you ever make her cry. I might kill you" Evol threatened.

Mae laughed it off, and he left. Sindy smiled to the girls and made them follow her. Tinna and Mae wondered where they were headed to.

Sindy led them to a door covered with girly stickers, "Welcome to fun house!" Sindy said playfully.

The room had light pink walls with shiny star shaped stickers, the rug floor was purple and cottony. There was different kind of toys in different kinds of shelves, there was a big doll house close to a tiny orange table, stuff toys all around, a teapot and teacups and more other toys for little girls. Tinna and Mae aren't really into girly toys,but being inside a rich mansion excites them! They happily entered the room and looked around checking out the neat stuff.

Sindy made them sit on orange chairs and gave them different toys, Mae received a yellow penguin while Tinna received a green elephant. Sindy went back and forth putting teacups and a teapot on the orange table. Sindy sat on her chair carrying her own stuffed animal, a dark brown piglet. It was obvious what kind of game she wanted to play.

Tinna and Mae isn't really into girly games, but tea party isn't so bad. Sindy didn't feel the awkward atmosphere but Tinna and Mae did, well...they just met. Mae wanted to start a conversation rather than just sipping imaginary tea.

"So.. To make this 'party' less awkward.. Can I ask a few questions?" Tinna asked.

"Of course! Ask me anything." Sindy replied happily.

"Back there on the front door, you said something about 'delivering the shoe'. Did you know we were coming?" Tinna asked while raising her right eyebrow, "Um, how?"

Sindy's smile turned into a grin while bowing her head a little and replied.