Limited Secrets

Previously:
     "How would you guys like to solve another case?" I ask turning around with a smile on my face.
     Now:
     They stare at me in confusion. "What do you mean, another case?" Brian asks starting the car.
     I lean in closer to them. "Michaels got something else he's hiding. He told me to go to the strip club downtown and look in a ripped cushion at the bar. There is where we'll find our first clue." I explain, leaning back in my seat.
     "So you want us to take another death trip and find out something that could potentially have no meaning to us?" Brian clarifies in his sarcastic tone.
"No! I'm asking if you want to solve a case with me. When Alice heals a bit longer, we can all check the bar in search for this...clue." I quote on quote as he begins driving towards home.
"I'm in." Roger says putting his hand in the air. Brian looks at him through the rear view and gives him a glare.
"Are you joking? You almost died, along with the rest of us!" He spats.
"But we solved a mystery that even the cops couldn't solve. We are like actual detectives." He replies. I turn to look at him and let out a small laugh.
"Don't get carried away Taylor." I smirk turning back to my window. "Should we actually though? What if it has something to do with the murder?" I question.
"Sophie we already solved the case." Brian sighs turning towards me.
"Well what if there's some history we don't know about? Like I don't know but what if there is?" I exclaim.
"Sophie you just got out of the hospital from rape and abuse. I don't think you need to do this anymore."
"No, but did you notice I haven't smoked in a week? That's because I was too must using my brain instead of cooking it." I protest, giving him a "I just won" smirk.
"True...Okay we'll all go to the bar and find this clue. If it leads to anything then we'll continue, if it doesn't than the case is off." He agrees, his tone in all seriousness.
"Yes! I feel like a Sherlock Holmes." I say holding my head high in pride.
"You sure act like it too." Roger adds, planting a kiss on my cheek.
"Hey! Put your seatbelt on!" Brian instructs Roger.
Roger sits back in his seat and pretends to pout. "Yes father." He replies clicking his belt over his chest.
     "Very funny." He mutters as I try my best to hold in my laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Knock knock
     I hear someone approach the door as it opens, revealing Alices mother.
     "Hello, Mrs Johnson. May we speak to Alice?" I ask as the boys continue to glare at each other from behind me.
     "Oh hello Sophie. Yes you all may come in." She says widening the door for us.
     We step in and follow her to Alices room. as we enter, I see Alice writing something down in her notebook. She looks up to see all of us in the doorway.
     "Oh blimey! Hi you guys! What brings you here?" She asks setting her paper and pencil down.
     "Hello Alice. How are you feeling?" Brian asks.
     Alice begins to blush a little. "Much better thanks." She says, brushing a piece of blonde behind her ear.
     "Well, I'll leave you to it." Her mom says, leaving the room. Roger closes the door behind her as I take a seat on the foot of her bed.
     "Alice, I visited Michael today." I start. She sits more upright, intrigued by my first thought.
     "Yes I heard about that. How did it go?" She asks leaning in closer.
     "Lovely and all but he said something. He told me that there's more to the story. He's hidden a clue in a bar downtown. He says that this case will be much more difficult than the last."
     "What are you saying?" She questions looking at all of us.
     "Want to come with us and find out what it is?" Roger asks. Her eyes dart to his, widening at the question.
     "Are you kidding?"
     "Well no, well, we know you've been through a lot and all but..." I start, trying to come on more warm than Roger who just spat it out.
     "I'd love to go!" She exclaims. "Ever since the first, I've been dying to figure some more mysteries out." She says almost springing out of bed.
     "Can you even walk?" Brian asks looking down to her covered legs.
     She removes the blanket and looks down at her bandaged legs. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Don't you worry about me. We need to solve this case." She says slowly turning to the edge and standing up. "See." She shows.
     "Hmmm, Alright But if you feel pain..." Brian says in his concerned voice.
     "Brian...I assure you...I'll be okay." She replies. "So when are we going?"
     "Ummm... we aren't sure. Whenever your up for it I guess." I reply, shrugging my shoulders.
     "Then lets go now!" She exclaims stumbling to her dresser. Brian and Roger turn away and she takes her shirt off. "Really? You all saw my insides hanging out but this disgusts you?" She says putting a different shirt on.
     None of them reply but they continue to look away. I shake my head at their behavior as Alice puts on some leggings.
     "Ouch! Oh lord." She mutters at she slowly pulls the fabric over the bandages.
     "You alright over there?" Brian asks still covering his eyes.
     "Yeah its just a bit sore is all." She replies putting her boots on, along with her coat. "Alright I'm done, let's go."
     We all file out her room and down the hallway to the front door when her mother stops us.
     "Where do you think your going?" She asks sternly.
     "They are going to take me downtown for ice cream as a get well soon outing." She lies. Damn she's a good liar. I wonder why she isn't in criminal justice with me.
     "Oh how sweet. Well have fun." She says moving out of our way.
     As we make our way to Brian's car Roger stops midway and drops his jaw.
     I turn back to look at him. "What?"
     "I just noticed something. There are countless strip clubs downtown. How are suppose to know which one?" He asks.
     Brian and Alice turn around and grit there teeth at his notice.
     "What's his favorite place to club?" Alice asks. He looks down at the ground and ponders.
     "I think maybe the one by Glens Wear boutique." He guesses trying to remember if he had once gone there before. "He took my mom there once. Maybe he left the clue there."
     "Then we'll go there. C'mon, detective dentist." I say motioning him to the car.
     He laughs and grasps my waist to try and tease me. We all pile into the car and drive off to the club.