The Newcomers

I storm out of library's second exit towards the midnight sky. The others chase after me as the car grows nearer in view.
"Sophie, slow down. It's gonna be okay." Alice calls out behind me as I open the door of the drivers seat and shut myself in. I had been holding back the tears until now.
     "I'm so sorry, Brian." I whisper to myself before the other doors open and the two climb in.
"Sophie?" Roger mumbles, gently placing his hand on my shoulder. Heaving a sigh, I raise my bowed head and stare out into the windshield.
"I'm going to drop you guys off at the flat and I'll join you in half an hour." I explain, turning on the car and pulling out of the deserted parking lot.
"Soph..."
"Roger, now's not the best time." I interrupt, continuing the drive back to the flat in the now silent car. I kept my word and dropped the off without any questions.
     I quickly find myself at the park, in front of the dug of graves with police tape still surrounding them. "Where are you, Brian?" I whisper, circling the premise but finding nothing new.
     "He's right here, my dear." A voice behind me replies allowing me to whip around to find two men only about 20 feet away from me. One of them being Brian.
Feeling overjoyed, I race over to him before pulling him into a great hug that he casually returns. "Oh, I'm glad you're okay. I'm sorry I yelled at you." I muffle into his coat before looking up to meet his lifeless eyes. "What's wrong?" Then I turn to Michael. "What did you do to him...?"
"I didn't do anything, but I may have said something." He replies, shrugging his shoulders as if what he said didn't affect my stunned brother.
"What did you say?" I mutter, glaring at me as I continued to hug Brian.
"Well, that my dear I can't say or else the party will be a total waste." He chuckles, formally brushing the nonexistent dust off his shoulder.
"Brian, if it was anything about the whole family thing...please don't worry about that." I assure, looking up at him and finding his eyes purposely avoiding mine. Turning back to Michael, I break the hug before marching over to him.
"What the fuck did you do, Michael?" I mutter, my eyes piercing into his. He raises his eyebrows at me before pulling a small smile and chuckling.
"Oh Sophie, he's just in shock is all. You all will be eventually. In the meantime though, he'll be staying with me." He replies while gently stroking pieces of my brunette hair.
     "You are not taking my brother away from me." I order between my clenched teeth and fists. He just scoffs before replying.
"He's only a half brother. You haven't forgotten already, have you darling?" He says sarcastically, shoving his hands in his pockets and smiling brightly at me.
"You disgust me." I grumble, going back over to Brian and taking his hand before dragging him towards the car.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I hear Michael taunt from behind us as well as the sound of a gun shot. Stopping in my tracks, I slowly turn around to find Michael holding a gun into the air as well as a little smoke streaming from the tip. A sly smile spreads across his thin lips.
I heave a heavy sigh in anger before parting my lips to reply to his action. "You can do...whatever you want...but I'm going and if you shoot either one of us..." I pause for a split second, holding Brian's hand tighter. "Game over."
Then, I walked away, Brian's hand still in mine as I did so. Nothing else was heard. Not a gunshot. Not another voice. I escort him in the car before driving back towards the house.
Nothing but silence was heard on the way home. I would occasionally flicker my eyes over to him only to find him facing away from me.
Pulling into the parking lot, I help my quiet brother up the stairs and to our room. Immediately as I open the door, a pair of arms are wrapped around me a big hug. Looking down, I see my little blonde holding me in his arms as Alice approaches her silent boyfriend.
"Oh my dear, Sophie. I was so worried about you." Roger whispers before lifting his head and gazing into my still puzzled filled eyes. He could tell too because he shook his head before placing a soft kiss on my lips.
"Brian what on earth happened?!" Alice exclaims as he takes the man's face in her palms and showering it with kisses. But...he remains silent. "Brian dear, please answer me."
"He won't talk. Hasn't since I first saw him with the bastard." I explain to the worried blonde who continued to hold her loved one close to her.
"But...but why?" She asks in a shaky tone as her eyes filled with tears.
"Dunno. It might just be shock. The best thing to do is to probably just give him some rest." I advise as I tossed the car keys on the counter and walked over to the couch before plopping down on it.
Roger follows after me and sits beside me as I entered my mind palace of questions. He hands me a cigarette before placing it in between my lips and lighting it.
"Thank you darling." I mumble as I blew I cloud into the air.
"What're you thinking, Soph?" He murmurs to me allowing my focus to regain itself and meet eyes with the blonde.
"I'm not too sure Roger. I'm just not sure." I sigh, inhaling another puff, not without coughing a bit though.
Suddenly, a knock at the door is heard and the sound of a man followed shortly after.
"Darlings! I hope I have the right room, I wasn't quite sure on whether..." a strange man with dark, midnight hair and odd clothing says before stopping in mid sentence and exchange looks between all of us. "Oh shit, do forgive me for interrupting." He apologizes as I stand up, the cigarette still in between my lips and a confused expression casted upon my face.
"Mate, you weren't supposed to be here for another hour." Roger says to the man just as another one behind him appeared with a guitar case in his hand.
"That's what I told him." The other man says as I continue to look puzzlingly at the men.
"I'm sorry, who are you?" I ask, taking the cigarette out from my lips and almost glaring at the trespassers.
"Freddie Mercury dear. Pleasure."

Sorry for the wait! Kinda forgot this book existed. Oh well, please enjoy...and vote 😂❤️😬