Chapter 1

~~~Picture of Charles Lee Helms~~~
I quietly sit in the shower, the water pouring over my face and covering my body, the warm water filling my hand that is cupped around my necklace. This necklace has more meaning then anything else in the world. Every child is given half of a uniquely shaped on once they turn 5. Your true love is given the other one. By the end of you teens you should have met your true love and gotten married and have kids. But, me, Charles Lee Helms the 20 year old, has not found my true love. You might be thinking, well why don't you just walk around and try every girl's necklace on? Well, you see, if you put your necklace in with the wrong girl, or boy, your love will never find you and you'll be stuck with her for the rest of your life. I've dated every girl willing and not one has seemed right.

According to everyone who is happily married, you get this feeling in your stomach, your palms get sweaty and your heart beats fast. I haven't felt any if those.

So now, I sit here, in a shower much to cold for comfort and holding a necklace in my hand that has brought nothing but heartbreak and depression.
I sigh deeply and finish washing my curly black hair. I step out and grab a dark blue towel I had laud out before and dry my hair and the rest of my body. I slip into my fluffy blue pajama pants and open my bathroom door, flicking the lights off on my way out and I head over to my large, king sized bed and hop in. I shift till I'm comfortable and turn on the TV across from my bed. I put on some old-fashioned cartoon and fidgeted with my necklace. My necklace is made out of a rose gold metal that doesn't rust or chip. It's on a silver chain that, too, doesn't rust or chip. I pull my thick blanket over me and lean lean into my pillow, gazing at the way the half of dark green jem shines in my lamp light and the half a rose shaped rose gold shimmers. I turn off my lamp that sits on my bed side and flipped onto my side, tucking a pillow under my head closing my eyes. I slowly drift into a dreamless sleep.