Hearts Don't Break Around Here

"Lauren!"

The dark haired girl jumped up from her position, surprise written all over her pretty features as she gazed at her best friend. Lauren blinked at her, and sighed, looking at what the Hamilton-soon-to-be-Hansen was freaking out over.

"Mani" Lauren said, walking over to the vivacious woman, "Calm down. We have plenty of flowers."

"Yes, but do we have plenty of vases for the flowers?!"

The crystalline vase was shattered at Normani's feet, a product of her moving about trying to find the wreath of flowers that would hold her hair in place.

"It shouldn't matter anyway, we're in the bathroom."

Normani looked at her, contempt in her brown eyes, about to protest before she realized that the other girl had a point. Her shoulders slumped as the hair dresser fiddled with her dark locks and she sighed in resignation, "Sorry."

"It's okay. Understandable, even. You want a perfect wedding."

"I was about to go Bridezilla on you." Normani replied, looking embarrassed.

With those words coming out of Normani's lips, Lauren laughed, a hearty sound that shook her petite shoulders and made her eyes crinkle at the sides.

Normani leaned back into the chair and let the hair dresser fix her hair. She was dressed in her gown already, a beautiful strapless number that hugged her curves, but was classy at the same time. The trim at the top was golden flowers embedded in the fabric, and the train was long and flowing. She sighed as the girl messed with her hair, twisting them about and finally settling them onto a bun at the nape of her neck, twisting it elegantly, and putting the wreath of flowers around the thick hair. She pinned it a few times before she withdrew and looked at her in the mirror, satisfaction on her face.

"So?" The girl asked proudly.

Normani's face was bright, happy, "Looks great."

"What about the veil?" Lauren asked, looking at her.

"We're waiting to put that on until the main event starts."

Lauren nodded in understanding. She smiled at Normani and told them she had to go outside to get some fresh air. Mani looked at her, almost protesting her leaving the bride at such an important time, but then said something about being a Bridezilla yet again, and finally let Lauren go.

She nodded her appreciation at the bride and left the large, spacious bathroom that was just to the side of the chapel. She stepped into the space between the two bathrooms and sighed before making her way outside the large, stained glass doors and walking into the fresh, crisp air.

Lauren inhaled deeply through her nose, smiling as the breeze tickled her cheeks and ruffled her hair slightly.

It had been a while since the incident at the restaurant. Normani's wedding seemed to have snuck up on them all at once, leaving everyone a dizzy mess. Especially Normani. Dinah, on the other hand, couldn't be happier. She was a strange one. Most people would at least get cold feet about being with one person the rest of their life, but the cheerful woman seemed to welcome it. She loved Normani that much.

Lauren gripped her chest, feeling the necklace she had strung up there this morning when she was getting ready. It was one that Normani had given her maid of honor. Made of delicate silver, and formed into a delicate rose, the necklace complimented her well. All of the other bridesmaids got presents as well, but this necklace was something Lauren would cherish for a while, because it was different than all the rest.