He's Back

Lex's POV-

What the fuck is he doing here? That's all I could think. 

Christian was sitting at my parents house with practically my whole family. Christian has been my close friend for years but I am not in high school anymore. I love Trey and he can not keep getting in the way of us because I know he wants more with me, and I would never want that again with him. We were in high school when we were together and he can't seem to let it go. 

My family is welcoming to most people but they love Christian because they have known him all of my life. 

"Hey baby, welcome home!" My mom said.

"Hey everyone." I said kissing everyone hello and trying my best to avoid Christian.

That didn't last long. 

"Hey lex, can we talk outside?" 

I nodded and followed Christian to the front and we took a walk up the block. 

"I know you're probably surprised to see me. You haven't been answering my calls after I saw that dick Dave kidnapped you. I always hated you with him, you're my best friend I want to protect you. Why are you shutting me out?"

"Christian, I'm not. You're my best friend over anyone and I always know I can come to you and I hope you know you can do the same. I care about you so much but I don't need the protection, I have a boyfriend who is perfectly capable..."

"I came here because I thought..."

"You thought what, Christian? That I was coming home because me and Trey broke up and I was going to be with you? No, we did not break up just because articles online are showing me leaving him at an airport does not mean we broke up. I wanted to see my family."

"You did not want to see me?" Christian pouted. 

"Of course I do but I need you as a friend, nothing more. We shared great times together in high school and in our relationship I realized we were better as friends. I was wrong for kissing you that night. I was annoyed with Trey and we weren't officially together yet at all. I hope you know that would never happen again."

"I get it, lex. We are friends. I may not like you with Trey but I need to fall back and let you make your own choices."

I hugged Christian and we started walking back as a blacked out SUV pulls up. Trey gets out of the car.

"Oh my god. What are you doing here?!" I screamed.

I ran over to Trey and wrapped my legs around him and kissed him.

"I missed you, I know you told me not to come but..."

"I'm so happy you did." I said.

Trey and I were so wrapped up in the moment it was like we were the only two there, the only two that mattered. Then I realized Christian was still behind me watching the whole thing. He seemed pretty annoyed, I could tell but if he wants to be my friend he needs to forget about any chance of us.

I was not nervous for Trey to meet him because I was confident in my relationship and I knew Trey was too so he would never feel threatened by him. 

"Who's this?" Trey said looking at Christian confused.

"This is one of my close friends from high school, um, his name is Christian. He heard I was coming home and just stopped by."

"Oh nice to meet you, man." Trey said to Christian. 

"You too." Christian was a little stand offish. 

"I am gonna get going," Christian said, "It was really nice seeing you Lex, I am happy you're home."

I was relieved Christian was leaving, I didn't want to be rude but I want Trey's first time meeting my family to be special with no distractions.

That didn't last long though because as soon as we were about to go inside, my best friend Bri pulls up. 

"Hey Bri!" I hugged her and she was extremely excited to see me because she is so used to having me around 24/7. 

"I thought Trey would never let my best friend come back!" we all laughed.

"Nice to see you again, Trey." Bri hugged him hello. We all went inside together and I was not nervous about this at all. I knew my family would be crazy for Trey.