Chapter Two:

Day 3

Cha Mihi

It's Friday, finally. The last three days of coed soccer tryouts have been complete hell. Nobody will talk to me and they all seem to be afraid of me. I don't know what sets them off more, that my nickname is Bigfoot, or that I'm a strange white girl.

I did meet these three strange guys though. They all looked very familiar. Minsoo, Joe, and Niel. Minsoo and Joe are pretty good at soccer, but Niel, he needs help.

Today, the coaches would be making the cuts. I think that's what made Niel come to me for assistance.

He came up to me during lunch. Niel's freshly dyed, blonde hair was hanging in his eyes. He looked nervous as I met his eyes. "Do you need something?" I asked him. Normally people don't come to my table. Niel opened his mouth and closed it. He looked at the table. I watched him have a mental fight with himself.

Then Niel huffed and met my eyes again. "I need your help, with soccer." He said it confidently, so I accepted. We got permission from a few teachers to go out to the soccer field to practice.

It was still hot out and we were wearing our uniforms since we weren't allowed to change. I brought my soccer ball from my locker.

We walked out onto the field. I had him stand in the center of the field and I put the ball down in front of him. "You have a simple task. Make a goal before the period ends." He raised his brows. "How is this supposed to help me?" I shrugged my shoulders. "You figure out if this helps you or not." Then I made my way over to the goal.

He stood there and stared at me from across the field. I held out my thumb, signaling him to begin. I could see him take a deep breath as he started to kick the ball between his feet.

I noticed that he was kicking too hard so that the ball was going too far in front of him, meaning he had poor control of the ball. I ran towards him and I saw Niel flinch. I took the ball from him.

"You have poor control of the ball," I said. He stood there and looked at me. "Watch carefully," I told him. He crossed his arms.

I jogged and kicked the ball with complete control, making sure it only went as far as I wanted it to. I jogged back over to him.

"Use the insoles of your feet and don't kick too hard or else you'll lose control and the opponent can take it easily." he nodded his head and trapped the ball under his foot. I pointed to the center of the field. "Start again," I told him. He ran back to the center, this time, kicking the ball correctly.

I sent him the thumbs up once I reached the goal.

Niel started again, his blonde hair shining from the sun. He reminded me of a deer when he ran. He's too elegant of a runner. I examined the way he controlled the ball. Niel's a fast learner.

Once he got close to the goal, I ran at him, catching him off guard and taking the ball away from him. "Come and get it back!" I yelled at him. I could hear his exaggerated sigh. He still came after me, at full speed too.

This went on for the rest of the period. I stopped him five minutes before the bell. "Go kick a goal in. You always end on a good note." He rolled his eyes and obeyed me. Niel learned fast and listened to everything I said. Sweat was pouring off of him, as well as me.

I watched him kick the ball into the goal. He brought his dangerously long leg back, then swung it forward, full force. The ball went flying into the air and smacked the back of the goal, making the net expand to stop the ball. I nodded my head I'm approval when he looked back at me.

Niel ran over to me with the ball. I held the keys to get back into the school in my hands. I twirled them around in my hand. I heard something coming from Niel's direction. I turned and looked at him and raised a brow.