Chapter 4

Tenny

I suddenly jolted up out bed in a cold sweat, breathing hard. I groan at the major head ache I had from the other night. I slowly got up while holding my head.

I lurked out of the room. I realized that my surroundings didn't look like my house... I FELL ASLEEP AT THE PARTY—

I panic in my head while it's still pounding. I run back into the room, putting my shoes on and grabbing my phone before rushing out, not even caring about my migraine.

All I knew was I was in deep shit.

———————————————————————

"I know, I know, I'm sorr-" I got cut off by my yelling foster father.

David.

I half ignored what he had to say. It was mainly about how my mother was worried sick and my sister wouldn't stop complaining.

He knew I wasn't listening to him,
earning me a hard smack on the cheek.

I stared at him in disbelief. I've never been hit before... at least not by a "family member".

He stared right back before saying, "You are irresponsible. You are not my son."

And with that he stormed off. Leaving me standing there in stunned silence.

'He hit me..' I repeated in my head. I didn't know what to do. Whether I should go after him and yell back, go to my room and not come out for a while or just stay there.

But there is one other option... I run away.

I didn't have a plan or where I was going but I knew I was choosing the fourth option.

I ran up the stairs to my room. My mother and sister had gone out at that time and my foster father was in his room.

'Perfect' I once again thought to myself. Starting to pack my backpack, I thought of excuses to say to my mom. 'I'm staying at MM's house for the night'  or 'I'm going somewhere for a while, it's with a friend.'

I chose the first option, putting the rest of my things in my bag before looking at my phone. I decided whether I should take it or not.

I grab it off my counter. Just Incase I'm on the road and need to call the police or something like that.

I quietly head back down the stairs after I get the rest of my stuff in the bag, slinging it over my shoulder. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, writing down, "I'm spending the night at MM's house. -Tenny".

I jog to the door, taking in a big breath before opening it. My stomach was full of guilt, I knew I shouldn't.

But I did.

I ran out, shuttling the door behind me.

I ran and ran. Not knowing where to go or how to get there, but all I wanted was to get away from David. I didn't want to be with him.

If I said anything about it my mother would shake it off, saying to give him a chance. Trust me I gave him plenty. And this, what he did, was the last straw.

I'm never going back to that house again.