Prologue

She was lying by the bench on the rooftop of the hospital, her hands stretched upwards as she traced the stars in the sky. Her attention suddenly turned towards the door as it opened and a short haired girl came out from it.

"I knew it. You're here just as I thought." The short haired girl said as she walked towards her. "What do you want Jurina?" She asked the short haired girl. "It's almost time for your medicine and auntie is already looking for you. You should go back now Mayu." Jurina said as she sat on the bench beside the one where the girl named Mayu was lying.

Instead of answering, Mayu stretched her arm as if reaching for the stars above her. "Ne Jurina," Mayu said. "Hmm?" "What do you think could have happened if I didn't get sick?" Mayu asked. "Well, you're probably still going to school and having fun as you do the things that you like. You know, just living your life to the fullest and enjoying it." Jurina replied. "Living my life to the fullest huh?"

-----

"Hey Yuka, I heard that Mr. Yoshikawa came earlier to see you." One of the girls said as they were preparing for their next number at the club. "Yeah.. it's actually a while since he last visited." The girl named Yuka replied.

Just as the other girl was about to say something, the door suddenly opened. "Girls, have you seen my purse?" The girl who wears some heavy makeup asked. "Is that the one that Mr Ishikawa gave you?" Yuka asked. "I saw him with Yuki earlier." The other girl said.

Yuki who was busy eating some fries stood up and was about to go out when the girl with heavy makeup stopped her. "Hey, have you seen my purse?"

"No, I haven't." Yuki said as she try to continue her way out but she was stopped once again. "What?" Yuki said clearly irritated. "I'm not yet done talking with you." The girl said. "Ah could it be because Ishikawa-san was with me earlier? Is that what you want to say?" Yuki said as she walked towards her as she looked at her straight in the eyes.

"You should know when to turn down a customer, Yuki." The girl said as she walked backwards because Yuki kept on walking towards her. "Listen Ayaka, it's not my fault that your customer chooses me over you. So if you'll excuse me, I have things to do." Yuki said with a smirk and then she left. Ayaka was left dumbfounded as she watched Yuki left the room.

Yuki went straight to the backdoor of the night club she works on. She pulls out her purse and took out a smaller purse inside it. She opened it and found a few bills which she took out and placed immediately inside her pocket. Suddenly a man immerged from nowhere and snatched the purse from her.

"You shouldn't steal things that aren't yours, Yuki-chan." The man said. "What do you want?" She asked.

"I heard that Ishikawa came to you earlier." The man said. "How did you know?" Yuki asked. "Come on, Yuki. You know me, I have my ways." Yuki sighed as she leaned back on the wall. "I want you to tell me everything next time he comes back." He continued. "You can't tell me what to do." She said as she starts to walk away but she was pulled and her back slammed on the wall. "Argh!"

"Listen, Kashiwagi Yuki. I am the one who has given you this job so you can't say no to me. Otherwise I'm going to go after your sister and we both know that you don't want that." The man said angrily.

"Don't include Nanami in here. She doesn't have anything to do with this!" Yuki said angrily as she glared at him. The guy just shrugged her off and left her trembling in anger.

A few moments later her phone rang. "Hello? Sasshi? Why did yo-" Before she could finish, the voice from  the other line speak up. "Yuki, come to the hospital right now. Nanami is-"

"What happened to Nanami?" Yuki asked worriedly. "She fell off the stairs."