To Touch Me

THIS IS NSFW YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

"What do you mean, 'tomorrow night'?" You asked, looking up at him in astonishment. Bruno took a deep breath and exhaled calmly.

"You know exactly what I mean." He said, placing a hand on the back of his neck and looking out the window. "Our talk made me realize a few things. About you. About myself." He ran his fingers through his hair as you gaped at him. "And, well... It has been two months now. I'm sure that at this point, this is a serious relationship." A glance at your face told him that, yes, you were very serious about being with him. But a flicker of worry arced through your brain at his words.

"I don't want to rush you." You murmured, fisting your hands in the fabric of your pants. "This sudden announcement makes me think that I spurred this on because of my impatience. Bruno, I don't want that. I only want this if you do too." With that he rushed around his desk and grabbed your shoulders.

"I do. That's what I've been trying to tell you. I wanted to make sure you were ready to commit to this." Exasperated tears began to fill your eyes and he brought his hands up to wipe them away. "Please don't cry, amore. It breaks my heart."

"We're so stupid!" You shouted, but with laughter in your voice. "Evey time something like this happens it's because we don't talk to one another!" That seemed to ease his worry, as he began smiling at you. It wasn't long before a smirk crossed his lips and he leaned in close to you as he said:

"Well... I hope you'll be talking a lot tomorrow night."

~*~

You hadn't been into Bruno's bedroom yet. Sure, there were a few intense make-out sessions on his couch in the living room, but nothing more.

Tonight you would be seeing it. His room. Where he slept. To say you were nervous was an understatement. You felt as if you were a young girl again, going to her boyfriend's for the first time. But you were a grown woman now, capable of handling your emotions. Apparently not... You thought as you raised your hand to knock on his door. The plan was you would meet up at his house, then go on a walk through one of the parks in Naples before returning home to spend the night together.

The door opened and Bruno stepped out; he was in a suit reminiscent of ones he would wear a few years ago, jacket barely open with a hint of lace below. You nearly fainted. Why.

"Shall we be off, amore?" He asked, holding out his hand to take yours. You smiled once you heard his voice, wondering why you could ever be nervous when he looked at you like that and spoke in such a sweet tone to you. You accepted his proffered hand and let him lead you through the city on light feet. There was a nearby park that would suit your needs perfectly.

As you walked through the gates, Bruno stopped suddenly and gripped you tighter. "Wait. I have to say something." You turned around to face him with a confused expression. He cleared his throat and reached into his pocket as he said, "I have been thinking for a while about how much you mean to me. And I wanted to get you something." Bruno pulled out an oblong box, holding it out to you with an almost bashful look on his face. A tightening of your chest, the racing of your heart as you took it from him.

As the lid opened, the gentle moonlight from above illuminated a delicate silver chain. You gasped when you caught sight of tiny, teardrop shaped sapphires running along the edge of it. They shimmered and sparkled almost with a light of their own. When you glanced back up at Bruno you saw that his eyes shone with the same color. Tears almost spilled over onto your cheeks as you practically jumped into his arms, holding him close and littering his face with kisses.