Chapter One- First Steps

Sam Swarek pulled up in the parking lot outside 15 Division. He was greeted immediatly by "good mornings" and "good to see you back" and the occastional "how are you?". To answer that question Sam was great! Considering he had almost been killed by a crazed manand was now left with an ugly scar on his side, and not to mention he was back with the woman he loved, welll, kinda.

"I don't want to waste anymore time"

"I don't want to be sad anymore"

The words replayed in his head, the first words he had said to her when he had awoken in the hospital and seen Andy's beautiful face smiling back at him. Although they both wanted to be together, neither had taken that step yet, both aware of how badly it had went the last time.Could Sam be sure Andy didn't have feelings still for Nick? Before he was shot they were together. However, Sam's worries were pushed aside when he arrived at his desk. On it lay a chocolate muffin and a fresh coffee and Sam knew exactly who had put them there.

****

Andy McNally watched the door of the parade room, longing to see Sam strut in like nothing had happened. She was glad things were back to normal, nearly. She saw Sam coming along, late as usual and her head span back round but it was too late, Sam had spyed her looking at him and smirked to himself. Andy soon felt a pair of strong hands grip her shoulders and a slick, deep voice whisper in her ear.

"Thanks for breakfast" Sam said before taking a seat at the back of the room.

From the front of the room, Staff Sergent Oliver Shaw noticed the little moment betwetwo of his best friends and smiled, pleased to see they were finally back on.

"Right!" Oliver began. "It's Monday morning and we're all still hanging from the weekend, isn't that right Peck!?"

Gail Peck lifted her head from the desk and gave a disapproving look at Oliver who just grinned at her.

"I would like to welcome back Detective Swarek who will be filing my paperwork until it is colour coded an in alphebetical order."

Sam shook his head whilst the rest of the officers laughed.

"No in all seriousness," Oliver continued "we're all pleased to see you so well and we've missed you round here."

A round of applause rippled through the room and Andy grinned as Sam looked akward and embarressed.

"Assignments are on the bo. Serve, protect and all that good stuff!"

Andy had asked to be on desk duty. She wanted to be near Sam on his first day back but had told Oliver she had personal issues which made him uncomfortable and would have porbably given her the day off if she had proceeded with detail. Andy headed to the coffee station and was approached by her best friend Traci Nash.

"Soooo," Tracy smiled. "Sam couldn't take his eyes off you in parade, are you two back on?"

Andy shrugged. "I don't know, We haven't discussed it, we're taking it slow and thats how I want it. I really want it to work Traci."

Traci nodded. "I understand."

"Hey how's the wedding planning?"

Traci sighed. "Its getting there it's just, Steve Peck."

"He's not still trying is her?" Andy frowned.

"We're working this gangs case together as Jerry has a really important court date  and I don't think Jerry likes it. I mean we've been together 4 years you would think he would trust me but when Steve is making every excuse to be with you i get it. Woah, ex' o clock."

Andy turned and saw Nick walking towards her asTraci bolted up the stairs.

"I need you to sigh this form from that drugs bust the other month." Nick said blankly.

"Nick, stop this." Andy said. "I know your angry and I apologize but we work together and you need to let go."

"Nick, get that form to Swarek, he's revieing the case, i'm busy" Jerry Barger called across to Nick.

"I can't," Nick snatced the paper from Andy's fingers and reluctantly headed to Sam's desk.

"The drugs raid paperwork, sir," Nick said trying to avoid eye contact with Swarek.

"Thanks Collins, hey wait!" Sam stopped Nick from leaving. "I haven't had the chance thank you for getting my sister for me. I really appreciate it."

"Least I could do, you saved my life." Nick replied.

Meanwhile Andy listened in from the stairs.

"I mean it, How can I repay you? Drink, chocolates?"

"Give Andy back!"

Sam looked surprised while Andy sighed to herself wondering if she should intervene.

"Sorry," Nick retreated. "It's just I..."

"Look Nick, I can't apologise for Andy breaking up with you,I didn;t ask for it. What you need to know is that I Lo...I really care about her and i'm not losing her, not again"

"I know,She went through some shit with Luke and then when we were undercover, all she talked about was you and I know how hurt she was when she came back and you had moved on. I just don't want her to get hurt again."

Andy hadn't heard any of the nice things Sam had said. she was focused on the fact Sam nearly said he loved her.

*****

Later that same day, Andy is searching for Sam and finds him in the interrogation room with Jerry.

"Whats going on?" Andy asked noticing the stressful look on their faces.

"Jerry and I seems to have lost important documentation for a case Oliver needs to sign off today." Sam said

"MeWe worked this case together Sam, we're partners." Jerry said.

Jerry's pager beeped and her looked at it.

"Shit! Mate, i have to be somehwere, Andy could you...?" Jerry asked.

Andy nodded.

"Yes! Thankyou McNally you're a star" Jerry kissed her on the cheek beofre he left the room leaving Sam and and Andy alone togther.   

The pair worked on the paperwork slowly for the next few hours. as night fell the divsion got slower and sleepier as people clocked off. Andy looked at the time and yawned.

"Our shift finished an hour ago, I need to get out of these clothes and get us some coffee."

Sam nodded and continued to file the paperwork.

*****

When Andy returned to the room it was silent. Sam wasn't there so she assumed he had gone to the toliet. She placed the coffee on the desk and gasped as someone grabbed her waist from behind.

"Jesus Sam!" Andy breathed as Sam placed small kisses on her neck.

"um Sorry," He mumbled before kissing her.

Sam grabbed her and lifted her onto the desk before clearing all their hard work onto the floor.

Andy laughed. "Sam!"

Sam shrugged "I'd rather have you."

Sam pulled off his black sweater revealing his scar as andy unbuttoned her shirt.

"Sure no one will walk in?" Andy worried.

Sam placed a long, deep kiss on Andy's lips.

"Positive."

There you go chapter one. hoped you liked it. comment and vote and share pleeeaaseee.

sorry if there are mistakes it was typing unbelievably slow.