Chapter 5

"Mum?" Rosie asked over the dinner table. Their meal had been a quite low-key consisting of chicken and mushroom fried rice.

"Yes dear?"

"Some people from my uni are having a campfire tonight at the beach and I was wondering if I could go?" Ms Park let a sigh. "But if you don't want me to, I'll stay"

"It's not that dear. It's just that we hardly ever sit and talk and it's like you don't even want to spend time with me anymore." She looked down at her plate. "You're my only child. Everyone did tell me that one day you won't want anything to do with me. Every child does that to their parents."

"Mum it's not like that. Of course, I want to spend time with you. I love more than anything. I'll tell what: if you let me go tonight, I promise I'll spend all day with you tomorrow." Ms Park's eyes lit up. "Okay then dear"

"Thank you mummy" Rosie shot up out her seat and ran to hug her mum. It lasted for about 5 seconds but it was enough for Ms Park. She had missed these kinds of warm hugs her daughter used to give her.

Rosie kissed her mum on the cheek and slung her guitar on her back. She mounted her bike and cycled to the beach where she met her friends.

"C'mon Rosie let's go sit with Irene, Seulgi, Joy and Wendy," said Jennie as she got there.
"Did Yeri not come?"
"No, her mum didn't let cause she's too young to go out at night" Jisoo explained.
"Well yeah she's only 19" Rosie giggled, remembering the time she was 19 (even though it was only three years ago).

"Hey Rosie," said Irene, smiling softly as the girls sat down.
"Hey velvets" they replied.
"So then pinks, aren't you going to treat us to your singing?" asked Wendy, eyeing up Rosie's guitar.

"Of course" the pinks replied together. Rosie played the opening chords as Lisa started with "make 'em whistle like missile bomb bomb"

~~~~~~Meanwhile~~~~~~

Chae lay on her seaweed bed reminiscing about what had happened earlier that evening. She was about to sing her song in front of the kingdom but she choked up and quickly swam to her room.

She lay there, face down on her pillow, tears streaming down her face. 'I can't even stand there and sing in front of my subjects. What kind of a leader am I going to be?' She thought to herself.

A soft knock came on her door. "Chae? Are you in here?" Came a voice that belonged to Dubu.

"Go away. I don't want to talk to you" Chae replied. But Dubu ignored her and came in anyway.
"I'm not here to talk you into going downstairs. I'm here to tell you something"

Chae lifted her head off her pillow to show she was listening. "I heard there's some kind of human gathering at the shore tonight and I wanted to go. But I can't go on my own. So please come with me?"

Chae's eyes widened. "Dubu no. It's too dangerous." Dubu pleaded her again, using her tofu face.
"Okay fine but only for a few minutes" Chae finally gave in as Dubu did a victory punch.

The two mermaids sneaked out of the castle out of Chae's bedroom window, then proceeded to the shore. When they got there, Chae was immediately attracted to 8 girls sitting in a circle.

She looked at the small brunette girl who was rapping at that time, trying to rap along with her but failing as she didn't know the words. Her eyes then fixated on the red-head who was playing a guitar and singing. She felt this strange feeling inside her stomach - like she knew who she was, like she had seen her before even though she could only see her from the back.

"Hey Chae, what is that thing?" Dubu asked intrigued, pointing to the fire the girls were sat around.
"I have no idea" Chae replied, "but it looks so cool". They stayed there for a few minutes until the girls finished singing.

"Come on Chae, we need to go now," said Dubu, tapping the princess on the shoulder. Chae nodded and tried to turn, but her tail was caught in the rocks they were hiding behind. "Dubu wait I'm stuck" she called after her but the older had already gone.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The pinks and velvets were chatting around the fire after the former had finished their song. Rosie heard something - or someone rather - coming from the seashore.

Rosie excused herself by saying she was going to the toilet. She made her way to the place she heard the noise. It was a few metres away from the campfire so her friends couldn't see what she was doing.

Chae could here wet footsteps on the sand coming towards her. 'Oh no! It's a human, all our secrets will be out. I need to leave.'

Rosie reached the shore and heard heavy panting coming from the water. "Don't be scared. I'm here to help you." She said softly, trying to reassure the person in the sea.

Chae looked up at the red-haired girl who had offered to help her. Rosie looked at the brunette girl who was looking up at her. All the girls could focus on was the blue pearl earring in the other's ear...

/////////////////////////////////////
Me: I'll try to be more consistent
Also me: *updates after almost a month*

The last time I updated BLACKPINK's comeback was still a rumour.

Credits to moodmuse on yt for the media video. Their channel is seriously good - check them out.

- Sami 😻