Chapter 7

Rosie opened her eyes as she began to stir. She looked at her phone. 5:30. 'That's good' she thought.

She got out of bed and poured some fish food for Joohwang to eat when he woke up. She then quietly got changed out of her pyjamas and into a pair of blue jeans and a white crop top which showed off her toned stomach.

Rosie climbed down the stairs and tiptoed through the front door. She got on her bike and cycled to the beach. She figured that if she and Chae were really sisters then they would like to clear their minds in the same place.

•••••••••••••••
Chae sat up in her bed and looked outside her window. It was still early morning as the sun's rays haven't shone into the water just yet. Chae got swam out of her room, towards the shore. She already knew that no human went there at this time as she had gone there multiple times.

When she got there, she sat on top of a rock looking out at the sea. She was still trying to get over what she had been told last night when she suddenly heard wet footsteps on the sand behind her. Chae immediately jumped off the rock and into the ocean.

"No don't leave!" A voice came from behind her. She turned around to see it was the red-haired girl from last night. Her big sister.

"Hi I'm Rosie, though you probably already know who I am, don't you?" Rosie introduced herself, feeling kind of shy all of a sudden. Why was she feeling like this? This was her little sister she was talking to.

"Yes, I do" Chae replied quietly.
Rosie let out a nervous laugh and sat on the rock Chae had been sitting on. She tapped the space next to her, gesturing at her younger sister to sit by her.

Chae understood that gesture and sat down beside her. She looked into her coffee coloured eyes and teared up. She hugged her older sister which took Rosie by surprise, but she wrapped her long arms around Chae even though the coral on Chae's top pricked her bare stomach.

Rosie then put one arm around Chae and turned around to look at the view. Chae did the same. "So then little one, tell me about yourself."

"Hey, how do you know I'm big?" Chae said, pouting a little.

"Because I'm tall. I know if someone is small or not." Rosie smirked. Chae gasped and playfully hit her on her arm. They hadn't even met for 10 minutes and they were already having a siblings fight.

•••••••••••••••
Hee-Young woke up from her sleep. 'I better go check on Rosie. She's probably a bit shocked from last night' she thought to herself. 

Ms Park walked along the corridor towards her daughter's room. She saw the door shut which was slightly odd as Rosie liked to sleep with the door a bit open.

She entered her room to find Rosie's bed empty. Her heartbeat increased as she thought of all the possibilities that could've happened to her.

Hee-Young ran to her own room to get her phone to call Rosie. But her phone was switched off. By now she was sweating, worrying about her daughter. Then she realised where she could be. 'Of course. The beach'

•••••••••••••••
"So then unnie, I wanted to ask you about something," the younger asked shyly.

"Yeah sure. What is it?"

"You know those girls you were singing with last night. Well - do they know about me? I mean-"

"No they don't Chae, your secret's safe with me" Rosie reassured her with a wink.

"By the way unnie I really like your singing. I think it's really sweet and unique." Chae complimented.

Rosie blushed. "Thank you. What about you? Do you sing or play any instruments?"

"Actually I kind of like rapping."

"So... let me get this right. You can draw, write songs and rap? What can't you do?"

It was Chae's turn to blush. "Grow by the looks of things." She added, looking down at her tail.

Before the sisters could continue their conversation, a voice suddenly came from behind them.

"ROSIE," it said, sounding worried and distressed.

"Mum?" Rosie called back.
'T-that's our mum?' Thought Chae.

She looked in the direction her older sister was looking and saw her. A beautiful middle aged woman with shoulder length light brown hair came running towards the girls. She immediately locked Rosie in a hug, squeezing her shoulders.

"Oh sweetie I was so wor-" Hee-Young started but couldn't finish as her deep brown eyes fixed onto her younger daughter. Chae smiled at her and did a small wave, something she usually did when she was nervous and happy.

"Chae?"
"Hi mum"

Hee-Young locked Chae in an embrace similar to the one with Rosie, tears heavily streaming from her eyes. "Oh my baby Chae. I missed you so much."

Chae rubbed her mother's back. "So did I. Even though I never really met you."

Rosie smiles at the hug her mum and her little sister were sharing. She put her arms around both of them - joining in their hug. 'Everything is perfect.' Thought Rosie. 'Now all we need is dad'

//////////////////////////
Sorry this is kind of a short chapter - I want to keep tomorrow free for Fancy.

Hope you liked it tho

- Sami 😻