Chapter 1

It was Monday morning, the first period was about to begin and I was just parking my black car in front of the school. Once again, I was walking down the path I walked on the first day, wearing some black denim shorts and a red strapless crop top, a golden necklace reflecting the sun around my neck, my matching Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses sitting on my nose a coffee in my hand.

I threw my car keys in the bag that hung around my shoulder and searched the red pack of cigarettes. 

As I found it, I pulled one out and lit it, and let my lungs absorb the toxic air. The bell had already rung, but little did I care. It wasn't too dramatic to be late to the maths class, was it? 

Leaning against the wall next to the front door, with my eyes closed enjoying the warmth the sun caressed my skin with and inhaling the smell of burnt plants that I was so used to. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming nearer and with curiosity taking over my mind, opened my eyes. Usually, I didn't give a fuck, why in the world would I even glance at some student I didn't know just to be judged for my behavior? What made it intriguing at that moment was the fact that despite the lesson having begun about 10 minutes ago, the steps were slow and seemed uninterested.

And there he was with a brand new haircut, his blonde hair shining in the sun, his cheeks flushed pink, his eyes full of mischief, and his arrogant grin imprinted on his lips. Our eyes met and he suddenly started to make his way to the spot I had just some minutes ago enjoyed. 

Without even greeting me he just directly asked: "Can I have one?"

I looked at him, clearly annoyed, but he didn't seem to care about my opinion, and simply took his hand out of his pocket stretching his muscular arm, waiting for me to hand him his craving.

"What makes you think I'll give you one?", I asked, raising my brow.

"Well, we do attend the same classes, and we do know each other, so I suppose once in your life you could actually make a kind gesture and stop being childish."

"Insulting me isn't going to make me 'make kind gestures' "

"You're so fucking annoying.", he said reaching into my jacket's pocket, taking out a cigarette and lighting it.

"Who do you think you are?", I asked in disbelief, letting my finished smoke fall to the ground and reaching to his mouth to take his.

But before I could take it, he grabbed my wrist and looked me, his eyes filled with anger but amusement at the same time. He pressed me against the wall and the space between us was so small that I could feel his breath on my collar bones giving me goosebumps.

"Mhm mhm, you already had your share miss.", he said with a raspy and deep voice.

I looked directly at him, trying to look confident, and gave him a fake smile.

He let go of me took out his lighter and lit te cigarette he had just stolen.

I leaned against the wall and he did the same. We didn't speak. We just stood there. Him smoking, me just waiting I guess. 

Once he had finished we made our way towards our class, still without saying a word to one another. 

Usually such a situation would have felt uncomfortable but with him, I funnily enough felt at peace.