prologue

I'm Allison Jane Ripsom and I go to a high school in Derry, Maine known as the 'trouble child'. Back in May of 1989, something awful happened to me and my mother. It was at the end of my freshman year when my younger twin sister, Betty, went missing. That's not all sadly, multiple kids have been going missing since October of 88', when I heard the news of the first missing child I had no idea my sister would be a victim herself.

I don't look much like my sister, actually, I look nothing like her. She has shorter dark brown hair that has curls and brown eyes. I have long dark brown hair that is straight and blue eyes. We also have just a different face, we only look alike if you really think about it. Not many people knew us as twins, we don't even really look related.

I'm nothing like her personality wise either, she's nice to stranger and she's always so positive, also I've never heard a curse word come out of her mouth.

Me, I'm relatively rude to people, I don't bully or anything but I just come off as rude. I curse all the time too, and nobody knew this except Betty but I also smoke more than I should.

During June of 89' I became best friends with a group of kids my age, I already knew of their existence before hand, even the one that was homeschooled. I'm here to tell you about when I first officially met them and all of the crazy and awful things that happened after my twin sister's disappearance.

Meeting Bill Denbrough, Richie Tozier, Eddie Kaspbrak, Stan Uris, Ben Hanscom, Beverly Marsh, and Mike Hanlon was eventful. Since Betty had disappeared I hadn't been hanging out with friends and broke our bonds. Henry and his idiot gang started to pick on me too.

Meeting these seven people was a good thing for me, until everything started to go down hill, for all of us. Happy reading, and remember, you'll float too...