Chapter Two

Chapter Two

 "It's a bit late already, I think we should just go to that new restaurant some other day." I said, earning a glare from Alison. She was dying to check out the new japanese restaurant, she loves trying different kinds of food. But something was different with her, she looked a bit different from her usual cheerful state but I just ignored the thought. 

"Fine, fine. But I have to get back early, I have an essay to finish!" I told her, giving up. I was hungry anyway. Alison gave me a huge smile and squealed like a child.

"Thank you! Let's go, I'm getting hungry." 

We entered the restaurant and I looked around the surroundings, I think it's pretty cool. I've never been to that kind of restaurant before. 

"I think I'll have california maki, it looks cute." I told Ali, pointing at the menu. While she, on the other hand ordered a ramen.

 "This is so good Sab! you have to try this!" She exclaimed as I laughed at her reaction. 

"Yeah, maybe next time." I agreed.

"I'll try th- Oh..." she stop mid sentence and gasped as her eyes widened. She was looking at something behind me. I turned around to see what she looking at... Or should I say Who instead of what. 

It was Sarah, Jake's new girl and I guess she was working part time at the restaurant. She caught us staring at her, she gave us a smile "Is there anything I can do for you?" she asked, holding a notepad and a pen. 

"Uhh.. can I please have a glass of water?" I awkwardly said. Why did I even asked for a glass for water when I still have a half glass of red iced tea. She nodded and walked away.

"Seriously? A glass of water?" Alison rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"What? I didn't know what to say!" I said, defending my self. She was laughing and I sent her a glare. What a great best friend I have.

A few seconds later, Sarah came back with a glass of water. "Thanks." I said and she replied "Welcome" before heading to the other customers. I watched her retreating figure before looking back at Alison.

"She seems nice." She said, her voice turning into a serious tone. I nodded and she gave me a weak smile. I know that Alison can tell what I was thinking. 

"You're still affected. I really don't know why Jake suddenly dated a girl like her. Don't get me wrong but I think she's a lot more like you. I am not saying that he dated her because she's like you... I guess he's serious with this one." 

 I gave her a weak smile and didn't say anything anymore. I got up from my seat and excused myself to go to the restroom.. Right after I came back, Alison was ready to go.

"Let's go." She said as she stood up, grabbing her bag.

I was about to hold the door handle to open it but someone from the other side of the door opened it already before I could. I came face to face with Jake and I bet we both had the same expression on our faces and I swear I stopped breathing for a few seconds.

Why does his face always have to be so damn gorgeous?

We were just a few inches apart and I could feel that he was surprised too, he also wasn't able to move. We both stared at each other's eyes, me getting lost in his. It was like I forgot about the fact that we didn't share the same feelings anymore. 

I felt Alison grabbed my hand, pulling me away from the door and him, bringing me back to my senses and reality. 

Jake cleared his throat, avoided my gaze and went inside. 

"Jake, you're here! my shift ends in ten more minutes, is it alright?" Sarah told him, holding a tray, She was smiling ear to ear.

"Sure, I'll be waiting." He replied and took a seat.

"Let's go Sab." Alison whispered to my ear, gaining my attention back. 

"Oh. o-of course. Let's go." 

When we got outside the restaurant, Ali gave me a tight and warm hug. Exactly what I needed at that time. She pulled back after a few seconds and looked at me with concern all over her face. 

"It's fine, I'm fine." I lied. 

"I know what we'll do. I'll help you forget about him." She said, determination in her voice.

"What will we do? What's your plan?"

"Simple. I'll keep you busy, We'll avoid him and... meet new people!" She suggested, beaming at me.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" She always has something when she smiles like that. Something  I would probably disagree on. 

***

Second Chapter! short but... yeah here it is. Lol

please tell me what you think! Leave a comment and vote if you like :) Thanks! 

Chapter dedicated to @byeunicorn- for the amazing and lovely cover :D thank you!