Thoughtful Gift / 1.2

"So duuuuude, you gotta tell us!"

Hiro quickly grew a puzzled look on his face.  "Tell you what Fred?"

Fred turned to Hiro and started walking backwards, fingers pointing towards him.  "What is it that your working on! Ohhh, is it new gear for Big Hero 6?"

Hiro quickly checked around to make sure no one else was close enough to hear Fred's excitement.  With the coast clear, he let out a small sigh.  

"No Fred," he chuckled, "it isn't for the team, and keep your voice down!"

"Ok ok, ohhhhh how about a new class project? Huh?" Fred squinted his eyes and wiggled his fingers.  Wasabi chimed in, "Fred, what makes you so interested in what Hiro is working on?"

"Because man, Science!" Fred put a proud face on and put his fist to his heart.  "Also because Gogo said something and she never tells me anything." Hiro gave Gogo a quick look.  She didn't take notice and popped her gum.  

"If you got carried away and spent the whole night in your garage working on something, it's bound to be good, am I right?" Fred opened up his arms and waved his hands inwards.  Hiro raised an eyebrow and gave a confident grin.  "Nope, that is, if I was working on something, it wouldn't be a class project.  And you should watch where your going Fred."

Fred crossed his arms.  "It's cool man, I have the quick, cat like reflexes of a ninja," just as he bumped into Wasabi.  "Oh come on man" Wasabi responded.  Fred put up his hands, "Oops, my bad Wasabi." 

"Why don't you act like a real ninja and disappear?" Gogo chipped in.  "Gogo that was hurtful," Fred said with a smile as he faced forward.  "Somebody has to be the heart of this team!"

Honey Lemon huddled next to Hiro and lowered her voice.  "You are working on something right?"

"Oh ya, it's awesome.  I'm pretty proud of it."

"Ah ha! I knew it!" Fred shouted as he spun back around.  

"Face forward," Gogo commanded as she narrowed her eyes.  Fred saw the look Gogo gave him and turned back around with wide eyes.  He brought in his arms close as if he was shivering.  "Brrr, man it just got chilly," he mumbled.

"Well then, if its not for the team, and it's not for class, what is it for?" Wasabi asked.  Hiro looked down at his feet.  "Well..." he wanted to give a good description without giving away the surprise he had in store.  Without looking up, he shot Gogo a quick look to see if she was looking at him.  With his head still down, he couldn't tell.  "Its something for a... person," is what he decided on.  

"Is it for you?" Honey Lemon asked curiously.  "No," Hiro responed, "It's not for me... its for someone I know..."  

Fred leaned back and tilted his head "Is it for a girl...?" Hiro's face started to turn a little red.  Fred grew a huge smile on his face, straightened up and looked at Wasabi.  Wasabi returned a smile of his own.  "Oooooooooo," they both sang.  

Gogo popped her gum.  "Boys. Heel."  Fred and Wasabi high fived and returned straight forward.  Honey Lemon put her hand on Hiro's shoulder.  "That's sweet Hiro, is it something romantic?  What is it?"  Hiro scratched his head.  "Well, it's not really anything romantic, I don't really want to say..."  

Honey Lemon raised her hand from his shoulder.  "That's ok Hiro, you don't have to tell us.  It doesn't really matter what it is, it's still nice of you to take the time to make a personalized gift for someone.  I think it's sweet."

Gogo eyed Hiro. "Do we know this mystery woman?" Hiro turned his head towards her, "Hehe, I would think so..." He looked back down. The shade of red in his retreated, but a little remained.  Hiro privately thought to himself.

More than you know, Gogo...

                                         ===============================

After classes, Hiro went straight into his lab, where the gloves he was going to give to Gogo for her helmet awaited him.  

After making some adjustments, he put the gloves on and connected them to his computer wirelessly.  The gloves were yellow and black to match the helmet he created, with 'Go' on each hand.

After opening his simulator on his desktop, he began the test.  Using his fingers, he swapped the air, which in turn swapped through options on the computer.  Everything was working perfectly.

"Now she wont even need to lift her hands of the handles to change her options..."

Hiro gave a huge smile.  "Yes!" He shouted his victory.  "I think its ready for her, I just need to have her come over."

He put the gloves in his bag and headed to the public lab.  As he opened the door, he found everyone right where he thought they would be.  Almost everyone.  Fred was drawing quite the crowd as he played a vicious game of ping pong against a robotic arm.  The crowd included Honey Lemon and Wasabi, the latter noticing Hiro walk in and raised his arm for a wave.  The game drew everyone in the room.  Everyone, except one.  

In her usual corner, Gogo worked on her bike.  On his way over, Hiro wondered what she could possibly be doing to make it faster than it already was.  After getting he BH6 suit, she reversed engineered the disks Hiro made for her, and tuned them to her liking.  Between the two of them, Hiro doubted there was a way to make the bike any faster than it is.  Of course, he was never going to admit that to Gogo.  

"Hey Gogo," he greeted.  She raised her head from her work. "Sup', Genius."  Hiro tried to hold in a smile.  He did like being called that, but didn't want to let it go to his head.  

"So Gogo, if you have time, I could use your help with something..."

Gogo stood up and wiped her hands with a rag. "Oh?"

Hiro slightly lowered his voice.  "Its actually about the project I've been working on."

Gogo raised an eyebrow and popped her gum.  "Your secret project that your working on? I'm listening."

Hiro scratched his head.  "Ya... I've hit a snag and was looking to see if I can get a second opinion."

Gogo crossed her arms.  "Because its for a girl, you need a girls opinion."

"No no, nothing like that.  In fact, what I need is a mechanical opinion."

Gogo's face showed interest. She seemed to be sold on the matter.  "Alright.  I'm in."

Hiro's face lit up.  "Yes! I... I mean, thanks Gogo.  When would you be able to come over?"

Gogo turned around and started packing her bag.  "We can go right now.  Besides, whatever it is will beat watching Fredrick over there lose to an robotic arm... single handedly."

Hiro chuckled.  "Nice one."  Gogo gave him a grin as they exited the lab.