10 shades of stupid

Four weeks, Cheryl was giving her the cold shoulder. Toni had never been so frustrated with someone in her life. Not to mention Jason had started glaring at her every time she saw him. Toni was back in the cafeteria today, her friends being annoying as per usual. "I'm telling you, he is totally a bottom." Kevin said, Toni had no idea who or what they were talking about. She was too busy avoiding Cheryl's gaze and her brother's glare. "Toni, what do you think?" Moose asks her as everyone looks at her. "Uh, he's a side?" She responds only to be met with confusion and laughter. "What? You said he's a bottom and you said he's a top, what if he is a side?" Toni asks getting defensive. "You have no clue what a top or bottom is, do you?" Kevin asks in shock. "No." Toni admits sighing and taking a swig of her coke. "Have you ever had sex before?" Josie asks, causing Toni to spit her drink everywhere in surprise. "Oh my holy macaroni, that is none of your business." Toni says with wide eyes and a slight glare. "She's definitely a virgin." Ethel says in conformation as the rest of the table nods. "Have you ever even, you know, tickled your pickle?" Moose asks as Toni looks at him in confusion. "Masturbated, have you ever masturb-" Kevin goes to clarify before Toni covered his mouth. "No, and would you guys shut up?" Toni asks in exasperation and embarrassment. "Woah, you totally should though. It feels indescribably amazing." Moose says. Honestly, she knew Cheryl could hear every word and it made her want to die. "I'm going to class." Toni says, giving no one a chance to stop her.

      She got there much earlier than everyone else and the classroom is empty. "So, never tickled your pickle, huh?" Cheryl asks, causing even more anger to rise in Toni. "Toni?" Toni was just going to ignore her, she doesn't have the right to talk to her like they were friends. "Seriously? We're doing this now?" Cheryl responds, huffing and sitting beside her. The teacher walked in practically saving Toni's life from the wrath that was about to come from Cheryl. She burst out of class as soon as it ended and she was riding her bike home when Cheryl stopped right in front of her. "You think you can just blatantly ignore me and get away with it?" Cheryl asks, seething. "Why not? We aren't friends." Toni says angrily. "You really want to do this in the middle of the street?" Cheryl asks, baffled. "Do what? I have no clue what we are even doing, Cheryl. All I know is you're so hot and cold all the time that it is causing a tornado in my brain! If you don't want to be friends then fine, but stop popping up in random places and talking to me!" Toni exclaims, still sitting on her bike with both feet on the ground. Cheryl had a look of surprise and then guilt. "My brother thinks that you are a risk and he doesn't trust you. I was supposed to keep a low profile here but you are making it impossible. We have a set of rules to keep our family safe and I have broken almost all of those rules with you. Therefore, my brother is super angry and hates both of us at the moment." Cheryl says calmly, crossing her arms and taking a step back.

      "And? You think I'm scared of a vampire who currently hates me? Cause that is slightly true, but I can talk to him?" It came out very insecure and more like a question, but Toni was genuine. Cheryl looked at Toni in apprehension and disbelief. "You? Talk to my very angry, intimidating twin brother? Sounds like a terrible idea." Toni decides that she is going to try the tough guy route, maybe it'll impress Cheryl. "Pshh, girl, I am so smooth they called me butter in Alabama, your brother will love me." Toni says, obviously lying, but it made Cheryl laugh so it was worth it. "Fine but I won't stop him if he tries to kill you." Cheryl says, smirking. "So, you guys don't do warranties?" Toni asks, partially joking. "Toni, this isn't a car dealership, we're vampires." Cheryl states in amusement.

      To say Toni was nervous would be an understatement. Toni didn't even know how she was going to get Jason alone. She decided she would for him in the hallway and then she realized she never really sees him around, then she decided she would wait at the bathroom but do vampires even use the bathroom? So, when lunch rolls around she decides just to approach their table. Everyone was staring at her and her heart was palpitating. "Hi, I-" She was stopped mid-sentence by Jason. "Look, I don't know where you came from or who dresses you but leave us alone." He said dismissively and it angered Toni. "I dress myself, thank you very much and I am from Alabama. Now, I came over here to introduce myself and tell you that Cheryl is my friend and if you want to hurt me then fine but it doesn't change anything. Best thing for you to do is accept it." Toni said determinedly. She wasn't loud enough to draw attention but her words were firm.

      Jason just looked at her a moment and Toni was getting frequently anxious by the second. "Tell you what, I'll accept it if you can beat me in baseball." He said smirking and Toni knew playing baseball with a vampire was a bad idea but baseball was the one sport she could play decently. She didn't make eye contact with Cheryl cause she knew she would be against this. So, she stuck her hand out and said, "Deal, but you have to shake on it." Jason's skin was ice cold like Cheryl's but his hands were rough and big. "Tonight at 5, Cheryl will bring you." And Toni didn't chance a look Cheryl's way, know she would get an earful later. Instead she went back to her lunch table where her friends immediately started questioning her. "Okay, What the hell was that?" Kevin said as they all stared at her. "Nothing, I have to work with Jason for a school project so we're meeting up after school." Toni said, doing her best to lie because she didn't want to draw any more attention to the Blossoms. "Two Blossoms in a year, aren't you just lucky." Josie said pouting a bit. Toni sighed quietly in relief.

      "I'm sorry, what is this? 10 shades of stupid? Why would you challenge a vampire to baseball knowing you're athletically challenged?" Cheryl whispers heatedly as soon as she sat down. "I'll have you know I'm not that bad at baseball." Toni says defensively. "Yes, but you aren't good enough to beat a....Jason." Cheryl says as she sees people walking by. "I don't need to beat him, I just need to get him to like me, my back up plan is to hug him." Toni says in a serious tone causing Cheryl's eyes to widen. "You can't hug him, he'd kill you." Cheryl says urgently. "Relax, I was kidding, I have a feeling he'd secretly like it though." Toni says in a joking manner as Cheryl glares. "Fine, I promise I'll be fine, okay?"