Chapter X: Lost And Found

{ PLEASE READ: If you guys like this story, I would recommend following me. I am not asking for followers in any way, not trying to make it seem that way. The point I'm trying to make is that many people's books have been magically deleted by Wattpad. I post updates, and only followers get notified when I do that, so if you guys want to know if anything happens please give me a follow. Anyway, lets get into this. }

Violet had a lot of trouble sleeping, so Brody kept her company. The two of them talked a majority of the night until Brody ended up falling asleep, soon followed by Violet. Brody had learned that Violet and Clementine were finally a thing. She was the first one to know of Violet's crush on the girl, but now it all made sense of why she was so worried.

The next day Violet spent the majority of the morning in the office. She asked Brody to let her know if they showed up. Meanwhile, she started to add more pages onto the map, making it bigger and more expanded. She added to the western part of the map. Tenn was sitting up on the desk as he drew the additions that they had found when scouting out to Pheonix's Botantical. Violet enjoyed that the map was getting bigger and bigger. Maybe they could get a system of kids that were assigned as scavengers. 'Only if Clementine were here to help me...' Violet's face turned into a saddened and worried one until Brody opened the office doors. Violet's face lit up for a second, but it faded when Brody shook her head.

"They haven't came back yet and it's around noon I'm guessing. Ready to go searching?" Brody questioned, preparing herself for the search that her and Violet were about to go on. "Should I ask others to come?"

"No." Violet said, bluntly as she stood up. "We need to keep our numbers low. The less people the better because if we encounter anyone, we wont risk more lives." Violet walked over to where Brody was standing. "Are you sure you want to come?" She questioned, knowing how Brody got in stressful situations, plus, her past events with the raiders must have traumatized her.

Brody gave a determined smile. "She saved my life. We need to get her back, and helping with that is the least I could do." Brody hadn't, and would never, forget the night Marlon almost killed her. As much as she was still sad over the loss of her lover, she was grateful that Clementine was there. Without her, she might not be standing where she was today.

"Alright, thank you. Hey Tenn, we are going to go look for Clem and AJ, okay?" Violet turned towards the boy who stopped drawing. Tenn was scared for both of them, and hadn't been very talkative without AJ around. You could swear he was a mute whenever he was sad.

"Okay..." Tenn nodded. "Stay safe." He looked at both of the girls before going back to drawing on the map.

Violet grabbed her new machete. It felt weird not carrying her precious cleaver. Dont get her wrong, she was never going to not use that thing, but she figured she might as well test out her new weapon. Brody grabbed her hunting bow, which was her favorite thing to use. She slung her quiver with arrows in it over her shoulder and the two girls gave each other a nod before exiting the admin building.

The two of them chose to keep closer inside the woods, instead of walking along the road. That was how they encountered the raiders last time. Violet led Brody to the spot they first lost sight of Clementine. "That woman had Clementine pinned here, but once AJ yelled out her name, the woman looked resentful. Then she helped her stand and the two talked." Violet was trying her best to piece together the puzzle.

"Do you think she knew her?" Brody questioned.

"That's just weird don't you think? I mean, I don't know a whole lot about Clementine's past, but her and AJ have been on the run for a while. I know that for a fact." Violet sighed out. Maybe Clementine was more mysterious than she had previously thought. "Alright, this is the way they ran." Violet motioned Brody to follow her as they followed some boot tracks. "Keep quiet, and watch your back." Violet whispered as they made their way through the trees, following the tracks.