-2-

Guise, there is NO excuse to explain my long (very long) leave of absence. I'm so terribly sorry, but the fact that people actually wanted me to update... did kind of motivate me to update! :) xx ENJOY

Alex's P.O.V. (HOLY HORAN I'M EXCITED CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN IT)

"Slowly creeping into the room, Laura holds her breath, looking around for the shadow that scared her. A phone rings and-"

"BAH RING, BAH RING, IT'S ELLIE." My phone shrieks, and I fall off my bed, screaming, landing onto the beige carpet below.

Groaning, I throw my arm onto my nightstand, in the dark, trying to grab my phone. Something falls, hitting me in the end, and a slight buzz tells me it's my phone. I crawl towards it, and grab it.

"Yes, your Royal Highness?"

"ANSWER YOUR SKYPE RIGHT NOW YOU LITTLE PIECE OF-"

"It's...” I stop, looking at my clock," four a.m. I'm not showing my face to anyone."

I hear her inhale, and if there wasn't the whole Atlantic Ocean separating us, I think she'd strangle me.

"Answer. Your. Skype. Otherwise. I. Will. Hurt. You. Capiche?" Ellie says, stressing each word. Yep, she would strangle me. I just would like to know why she is so anxious. But, well, it’s Ellie; she’s always cray-cray…

"ARE YOU A FREAKING MANIAC?! NO!"

"Yes, I am. NOW ANSWER YOUR SKYPE, WOMAN! I need to talk to you, damn."

"You’re already talking with me, plus I'm writing my novel!"

"Is it the horror one?"

"Yeah! Wait-"

"I WILL DO EXACTLY AS THE MANIAC DOES IN THAT BOOK TO YOU IF YOU DO NOT ANSWER YOUR SKYPE!" She screams, and I stop breathing for a second.

"I wouldn't take your chances with that, mkay?" She asks, and I can tell that's she plotting my death, in the nicest way possible, which, for me, would hurt, a lot.

Sighing, I grab my sheets, and pull myself up. Saving the document, I close it and go to Skype. Pulling up the contact list, I click on Ellie's name twice, letting it ring. Two rings in, her face appears.

"Wow, you really do look like shit." She exclaims, with a pity look on her face.

"Thanks, El, totally needed to hear that.... Is that a knife in the background?!"

"What?! No! It's a dagger! There's a difference." She says with a straight face.

My jaw drops, and she starts to laugh. "I'm kidding! It's a stupid Nerf sword Liam left over here. Oh, speaking of Liam..."

Before she continues, I start to swear, and some words even a sailor won't know. "THAT LITTLE TURD BROKE UP WITH YOU, DIDN'T HE? DIDN'T HE? OH-HO-HO! HE'S GONNA GET IT! I SWEAR TO GOD HE WILL FEEL THE PAIN OF A THOUSAND SUNS! I TOLD HIM NOT TO BREAK UP WITH YOU! AND HE'S GONE AND DONE IT! HE'S AN IDIOT, ELLIE. You need some ice cream? I'll buy my ticket now."

She shakes her head, continuing to laugh. After a minute of her giggles, she raises her hand to the camera and shrieks, "I'M ENGAGED!"

My breath catches in my throat, and I scream. "NO WAY! OHMYGOD! HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT OH MY GOD MY BEST FRIEND'S ENGAGED NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!!!"

She screams along with me, "I KNOW!"

Calming down, she motions for me to breath, and so I do. "Alex, you know that promise we made when we were five?"