Chapter 1.3- The announcement

"Elevator or stairs . . . ?" I kept thinking while walking quickly.

The stairs were in the opposite side of the wall where the elevator was. I stood in between the two of them, looking to either side while clenching my teeth and gripping my fists.

"The elevator takes too long . . ." I said quiely as I saw the screen on top of the elevator going up to '130', '131'. "It would take forever!" I said angrily as I looked at the other ten elevators which had numbers on the screen similar to the first one.

I quickly took the third pair of steps which looked much emptier than the rest.

I ran up the stairs at the speed where I would get on ten floors in just ten seconds or more.

My shoes were hard leather and made to run, so I had no problem with them. They made no noise at all. I was moving at the speed of wind. I might be exaggerating a bit but it felt like it. But I wasn't like the wind. I had stamina, but I would eventually slow down just a little after each thirty seconds.

The people on the stairs, just as I predicted, were a few. Some gave a little shriek as I ran past them like a gust of wind; which was in a hurry.

I started panting and gasping at the hundred and ninety-fifth floor, but I kept running.

I grabbed the bar at the edge of the stairs while bending over. Ah, it was only a tad bit difficult . . . NOT!

I don't know why Mr.Kurosawa didn't construct an escalator. For the sake of technology, geez!" I shouted at the top of my voice as it echoed through the area.

I got myself up and together, caught my breath and walked towards a huge door.

The door looked like glass, but it wasn't at all as fragile.

I placed my pointer finger on the door. A light flashed upon my body as I stood still. It was scanning me.

"Identity matched. Welcome, Agent" A female robotic voice said.

There was a handle revealed, as the glass-like door opened from the middle and hid itself to the sides. A normal door with a knob was just waiting for me to open it about ten feet away.

"Old fashioned old man . . . "I whispered, annoyed.

I waited exactly five seconds after my identity was matched. I was supposed to go in and open the door, but instead I just stood where I was originally. Because from exactly five seconds after . . .

Two machine guns appeared from through the walls and fired for five whole seconds. It fired its target, from one step forward from where I was standing to the door.

Then the walls exploded, but nothing originally was damaged.

Blades from either side of the wall made a "Snnnnghhhhh" noise which was deafening. It looked like it could slice up walls and trees easily.

Other weapons and dangerous stuff revealed themselves as they were assigned to kill. But it only went on for ten seconds. Everything happened in a flash. After that, all the weapons disappeared again. More like went back to where they came from. I finally walked over to the old-fashioned door.

If I were to step in that area ten seconds earlier, I would've been toast. And not only just toast, literally.

I grabbed the knob, turned it and pushed through. It was bright inside, but only in some places. It was a very large area with loads of space.

I walked inside and closed the door behind me. There were computers everywhere, but less people. It wasn't that noisy like it was on the ground floor, but just a little sound that croaked. And it wasn't a frog.