capitulum II: Voldemort

Voldemort.

Tom Marvolo Riddle

cruel, fearless, spares no souls

heir of Slytherin

conceived through a love potion

perceived to be incapable of love.

____________________________________

Voldemort, known by the otherwise normal inhabitants of the wizarding world as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

He trudged around the Riddle House, his temporary hideout, and sighed. He was at a loss of people to torture, information to discover, and was waiting for the right time to strike Harry Potter, which was nowhere near.

Wormtail . . . ” Voldemort hissed, and the squat, squeaky-voiced man had scrambled to the chair he had resided in.

“ Yes, My Lord? ”

“ Lift your sleeve . . .”

Voldemort had placed a single pale finger on the Dark Mark, and Wormtail writhed with pain.

The others were on their way.

Voldemort had devised himself a plan to entertain himself and needed his Death Eaters to participate. All except one.

One by one, the Death Eaters appeared in his room: two by the fireplace, one in front of his chair, some others towards the door, all donning their robes and masks.

Once their appropriate circle was formed, he regally stood, surveying the Death Eaters as a king would his kingdom.

“ I have summoned you all here, for a small request. ”

The Death Eaters surrounding him was excruciatingly silent, hanging on every word as their lives depended on them- which it did.

“ I want each of you to participate in my bidding.

“ You- ” he gestured towards Malfoy, Dolohov, Greyback, and Yaxley.

“ Find someone with valuable information to the Ministry, and bring them to me. ”

They each nodded before disapparating. Next, he gestured towards the Carrows which he ordered to survey the perimeter for signs of life and mask them to the average eye.

Lastly, he regarded the Lestranges.

“ I promised myself, that after my return to power, that I would deeply reward you. ”

In response to their confused faces, he spoke again.

“ Because instead of renouncing me, you graciously accepted the sentence to Azkaban. ”

The trio of Lestranges removed their masks, and their faces appeared humbled. They each bowed to kiss the hem of his robes before bowing again, each standing rigid in his presence.

“ Wormtail! ” he demanded. “ come here and wait on Rodolphus and Rabastan- they have earned a reward. ”