The Reason Why

The reason for me to be writing this book is because, earlier today, I was looking for a quality Five Hargreaves x reader book to read. I found a good one, but it only had one chapter and most of the other ones had crappy grammar and really bad plots (either that or they made the antagonist a really stereotypical damsel in distress shy girl). But the main reason is, they always made the reader white. This one girl had options to choose from. The collage showed different pictures of pretty girls to choose from...but they were all white. I’m black, if you haven’t already noticed (my profile pic isn’t me, but it’s still a black girl), and it gets really annoying whenever I read an x reader book and they have things like “he stroked his fingers through my long flowy hair” or “ the sun shone on my pale, milky skin/complexion” (these are just examples). And it’s not just the color of skin that is the problem either in most (not all) of the books that I (tried to) read, the girls were shy little brats who always needed a guy to save her. She couldn’t do anything on her own. Or it was the complete opposite, she had powers and needed nothing to do with the guy, like, what’s the point in having a love interest if you’re always gonna be rude, annoying, and sarcastic all the time. Yea, I know, girls don’t have to be all nice goody-two shoes, but the girls in these books can’t even complement the guy they are supposed to fall in love with without feeling like they just lost all their dignity. So the girl in my book is going to be in the middle, she’s not a weak little girl who can’t pick up a pencil without squealing for help, but she will ask for help when she needs it, and she will have a soft side, she’ll be nice and caring, but tough. Anyways, I know this was pretty lengthy and thank you to anyone who read this far, I really appreciate it. Anyways, this book is for the black girls out there who want an x reader dedicated to them! If you guys want any other x readers please suggest them in the comment section, I’ll do my best ( please no twilight, I will ignore it). Enjoy the book!

~Nzile :)