Chapter 2

"All right, everyone here?" Mr. Trundy asks the students in the bus. Everyone nods. I wipe my sweaty hands across my skirt. They are shaking with the possibility of anything that could go wrong. But for my life, a lot has already gone wrong. For one, I look the exact opposite of everyone. My hair shines like the stars while theirs is dark; vice versa on eyes. I stick out like a sore thumb. That's not where it ends either. Everyone at this stupid school calls me 'the glitch'.

We had been riding for almost half Alan hour when the bus finally parks. Immediately, I hop out of my seat and into the isle. I'm the first one out of the bus. We walk toward a small building sitting right next to the stone wall. A man is standing outside the door.

"Hello!" he says enthusiastically as we approach. "Who is excited to walk on the wall?" The man says again once we've surrounded him. Every student raised their hand.

The man chuckled. "I guess that is the main attraction. Follow me and we'll get you in harnesses."

We followed him into the small building. The walls are lined with black belts. On each belt is a silver hook to attach to the rope the man is now holding. I pull a belt off the wall and wrap it around my waist. The man comes by tying each of us onto the rope. I end up in the middle of the line.

Soon we're back outside. As we get nearer to the wall I see a staircase poking out, leading to the top of the wall. We climb them. Only about 23 steps. The wall is only a foot and a half wide. Surprisingly skinny for something that is supposedly protecting our city. Slowly we begin to make our way along the wall.

"Hey glitch!" The kid behind me says. "Don't go falling off the wall now!"

The moment after he said that, I forced my right foot to slip sideways off the wall. The silver hook didn't seem to put up much fight to keep me on the wall. My first thought was I'm free! Second thought was I'm going to die! Third thought was no! I'm going to tuck and roll like a stunt woman. I hit the ground hard. Both feet at the exact same time. Instantly I rolled to the right and stood up. Nothing seemed broken. Surprising for a fall like that. I could hear the class calling down from the wall. "Hey glitch! Are you alive!" "Dude there is no way she could survive that fall!" I didn't respond. All I did was take off the Velcro belt and took off running.

----------------------------------------------

Hi again!! :D

Tried to make this one a bit longer.

Hopefully new update soon.

Thanks for reading!!!

~Ashley