All bite no bark? I wish..

Eleanor

I shook helplessly at the loud cries of laughter coming from the other side of the closet door, my heart beating rapidly against my chest as I moved back into the clothes, the sound of my body hitting a box, rather loudly cause my uneven breathes to come short.

Oh god she heard me!

My mother’s voice reached my ears, “Eleanor where are you hiding?” I cringed, my face wet with tears and my body shaking like a dog after a shower. “Come out baby.” She sounded normal, and so close. I looked down to the crack just between the floor and the door, her shoes visible. I cried out loudly sobbing heavily as the door knob turned and my mother came into view.

“Mommy please!” I cried out, the sadistic grin she wore showed me that this wasn’t my mother, this was just someone who looked like my mother, her long skinny arm came and pulled me out by the front of my shirt, she gripped onto me tightly, her nails having caught my skin and scratched.

“You little sh!t,” she cursed and flung me across the room. I cried out once my body hit the glass coffee table, the air rushing out of me, and the glass cutting into my skin, my head having hit the metal legs which held the glass up. My vision blurred as I could see her coming close again, her eyes wide this time the grin gone and her voice shaky. “Eleanor!” She cried out and picked him up cradling my 10 year old body in her arms, her sobs ringing loudly in my ears.

The sound of the ambulance coming caught my attention and triggered something in my mother, her grip tightening causing me to scream in horror, this wasn’t the other her, it was the more violent one the one that would break my arm the one that hadn’t been back since I was 6. “Have you been bad?” the voice sad it’s voice just like my mother’s only raspy and terrifying. “Bad girls get punished.” I struggled violently thrashing in its arms, its nails dug deeper into my skin and the feel of something sharp cut into my hip and moved along my body the pain causing me to stop thrashing and to still as I screamed bloody murder, begging for my mother to stop.

***

I gasped loudly holding my hand to my chest as I gasped for air, my body felt hot and sweaty, the scar on my hip that ran to the center of my back throbbing in pain as I panted heavily, coughing choking as I sobbed heavily. Whimpering loudly as I laid back in bed my eyes felt heavy and my hair sticking to my skin.

I haven’t ever had this dream so bad, it felt so real, like she was here, ready to kill me again, ready to end me.

The heavy pounding of footsteps rushing up the stairs caught my attention and caused me to freeze, my breathing stopping as the door swung open I whimpered loudly in fear, it was her.

“Eleanor...” The gruff voice of my Father soothed me. I had been living with him for almost a month and I had yet to go and explore the town, I had only been to the library and grocery store. My father stood tall at 6’3 with grey eyes and black hair, with tan skin he had turned the light on and walked over to me, he sat on my bed and I instantly scooted over, whimpering softly resting my head on his lap as he rubbed my back. The presence of his wolf quickly calmed mine. I had forgotten about her, she had probably kept away when I woke up so I wouldn’t sense her fear also.

My mother had scarred her just as much as she had me, my mother’s wolf had possibly died inside of her, from all the pain of my mother more dominant human side, I only knew of wolves because of my grandmother, a woman whom had suffered with me through my first shift, she cried when she saw me in such pain.

“She was hurting me.” I whispered softly, it was strange I had grown so close to this man, but it wasn’t anything unnatural. Wolves bonded quickly and since he was my father I had no reason not to trust him. He stiffened considerably, my mother wasn’t his mate. His mate died before he met my mother and the day I was brought here he was shocked, having to be told what had happened to me had sent him into frenzy.

When Social Services called, I knew the man calling was a wolf and had an idea of whom my father was. My dad lived in a small town, he was well known being commander of the fighters from the deadliest pack in America, I still hadn’t met the alpha.

“Eleanor, she won’t hurt you. “ He whispered gently to me as I nodded lightly, sitting up I noticed sun peaking through the curtains. “What time is it?” I asked softly and he moved to look at his watch. “9:40, it was about 8 when I walked in. Alpha Collins will be coming today with his siblings and parents. He doesn’t want to wait longer to accept you into the pack.” I nodded softly and got off the bed to get ready.

“Get ready by the time you are done he’ll most likely be here.” I had no problem taking orders from my father, I trusted him. I looked exactly like him, with grey eyes, and black hair, except I was short and my skin was a light shade.

***

Once I was finished showering I stood in my room in my undergarments observing the deep scars that covered my stomach and back, my face pained as I stared at the one that stood out the most, from my hip to the center of my hip, I had burns, cuts, and markings. My mother had hurt me so much that I had only ever known that side of her. I rarely ever saw my true mother, maybe as a baby she was caring, I remember few things of the real her.

Sighing I pulled on a pair of black jeans and a loose white shirt, the sleeves cut to seem like a tank top, the material flows against me, the words “Wild” sprawled out in hand writing, my black and white high top chucks went with the outfit, I smiled softly and let my wavy hair fall against my body, my hair went to my waist. I went down the stairs, not paying attention to see if the Alpha was here.

“Papa, is there still Captain Crunch?” I said loudly making my way to the kitchen, stopping as I reached the entrance and flushed deeply noticing people. Looking up my eyes caught the attention of a pair of vibrant purple ones. I felt my breathing stop as I licked my lips a growl sounded and I flinched slightly.

“Mine!” He growled out, causing me to gasp as he suddenly advanced forward slamming me up against a wall. I froze panicking my heart beat raced against my chest as I felt myself shaking and my eyes watered. “Please don’t hurt me,” I cried out and thrashed in his hold,” Papa, help me please!” I shouted my eyes wide and my vision blurry from the tears; I felt my wolf howling loudly barking orders for me to calm down that he wouldn’t hurt us.

“Alpha Collins! Please let her go I have to tell you why she is so frightened!” My father cried out and the man before me let me go and growled loudly as she moved my hair from my shoulder and tilted my head so my neck was exposed. I saw him stare at me his eyes dark now as he licked his lips he fangs showed as he moved quickly slamming his fangs into my neck, marking me I cried out loudly it was painfully, the bite burned and then is seized the pain subsiding as he pulled away. I could feel his tongue passing over the wound as I shook beneath him and once he stepped aside I wasted no time running to my father and hiding in his arms, my fingers wrapping tightly in his shirt as I whimpered loudly shaking.

“Why is she so…weak!?” The man…my mate, growled loudly. I tried not to shake, breathing deeply listening to my father’s heart beat to calm down a bit.

“I…I didn’t know about my daughter till a month ago, Roderick brought her, and told me that before she lived with her grandmother, she was with her mother till the age of ten, her mother had Schizophrenia, and abused Eleanor till she was ten and her grandmother cared for her but homeschooled her so she never learned to get over these things. She only trusts me because my wolf talks to hers, and her wolf is strong but still has the fear of their mother.” My father spoke sadly, I grew calm after a while, tuning out as my wolf spoke to me telling me that the man who bit me didn’t do it to hurt me, but because that’s the man whom I’d spend the rest of my life with.

I turned staring at the man, he was tall, and looked fit, his eyes angry as he watched me, his wolf probably fighting him for dominance, I felt his wolf reaching out to mine slightly, wanting me close, I licked my lips and turned to my father whom stared at me knowing what I was thinking, he nodded softly letting me go as I went over to my mater.

“I’m sorry for the outburst,” I paused for a second and licked my lower lip. “Alpha”

He shook his head and took hold of me. “Tyler, you can call me Tyler.” It was an order, he commanded me, his voice was strong as he spoke and in no way affectionate, but demanding and cold.All bite no bark? I wish, stupid Alpha.