Chapter 2

After the interview we went back to the hotel and I went to get ready to go to the mall with Macy. I changed into an NYC shirt (yay), top hat shaped earings, black leggings, a grey cardigan and to finish it off a pair of green converses. Smiling at my reflection, I was excited to see my best friend again.

Taylor drove me to Macy’s hotel on her way to Selena’s home. Her full name was Macy Tomlinson, yes my friend was Louis Tomlinson’s little sister. Macy was my best friend and although we were both always on tour with our siblings we remained in a tight friendship. We made our friendship work by meeting up at the different cities that our families visited. The One Direction boys were like my brothers since we had gotten to know each other really well because I was always over at Macy’s place or their hotel.

 *

Finally we reached Macy’s hotel, it was tall; I had to crane my neck upwards to see the top of the building.

“Have fun, don’t talk to strangers, or take lollies from them!” shouted my big sister as I got out of the tour bus. “Yeah yeah,” I muttered quietly, embarrassed at the stares that Taylor had drawn. “See ya,” I told her as the tour bus drove off down the street.

As I entered the reception through the large spinning doorway, I glanced around. The reception had a high ceiling, topped with a few chandeliers and fake plants, fancy. I noticed that there were very few people in the reception floor. The woman behind the glass-topped reception table peered at my clothes in distaste. I could see why, everyone else in reception were either wearing suits or dresses, no informal clothes in sight. I began walking forwarsd, towards the sour faced woman.

“Um, hey, could you please tell me what room One Direction is staying in?” I asked, slightly nervous.

The woman sitting behind the desk raised one perfectly plucked eyebrow and replied haughtily, “If you’re trying to stalk them, it ain’t gonna wor-“

“WILLOW!!! O-M-G!! IT’S BEEN FOREVER!!!”

Suddenly I was tackled into a giant hug, “Hi Mace…and Co,” I added as I looked up at the five boys power walking, trying to keep up with Macy’s running and tackling skills.

“LET’S GO SHOPPING!!” Macy and I said in unison, before cracking up in laughter. Saving a quick look at the receptionist’s shocked face I looked over at the boy band. “We’ll be back soon guys! Ciao!” And with that we exited the hotel, grinning, and our arms around each other.

***

As soon as we got to the mall Macy ran to Ben and Jerry’s. I swear she was addicted to ice-cream as much as Louis was addicted to carrots!

I got a cone of cookies ‘n’ cream and Macy had a triple cone filled with many different flavors. I wondered in awe as how she never grew fat! Walking together we visited Supre, Forever 21, Macy’s (Macy got angry when I made fun of her name and the store) and so many more that my feet started aching.

When we finished shopping we stopped at a small café to rest our feet. We had at least five bags each! We drank our chocolate milkshakes while we played a game. The game was to make up comments about the naive passerbys walking by us. We ended up cracking up over the fact that the man wearing stripes looked uncannily like Louis. We continued this until I heard a high pitched squealing, coming from across me. Quickly I snapped my neck over towards the cause of the ear splitting noise, and of course it was Macy.

“EEEEEEEEKKK,” Macy squealed, starting to go red and pointing at a brightly designed poster on the wall of the cozy café.

“What the hell!” I whispered back. People were starting to stare at the two of us so I quickly decided to stop the staring festival and escape. I dragged Macy towards the exit of the café, Macy's arm in on hand and holding both of our milkshakes in the other. When we got out I was panting, maybe Macy did gain weight from those ice-creams I thought.

“What were you doing?!” I whisper-yelled at her.

“SQEEEAK,  I saw this sign about this like TV show called ‘The Next Star Sensation’ and YOU could join!!”

“Huh? Wait, WHAT?!”

“You could come out from Taylor’s shadow and become famous YOURSELF,” Mace continued on, now rambling.

Huh, no way, I thought, I mean that would be so much work. I had school and...and well school. But then I thought about it. It seemed a little like a great chance, a dream, and I could get extra lessons or something, couldn’t I?

Still unsure about my decision I said a hesitant, “I guess I could…” Almost questioning myself.

“YEEEEEES!!!!!!”

We walked back to the sign. Well, this time it was Macy dragging me along, in her excitement. The sign read:

‘DO YOU LOVE TO SING?

WELL THEN THIS IS PERFECT FOR YOU!!!

YOU DON’T WRITE SONGS, YOU JUST SING COVERS!

THIS IS GREAT FOR ANY YOUNG AND TALENTED SINGERS OUT THERE

AUDITIONS:

When: 22nd July

Where: Star Auditorium, 189A Newman Highway, Floor 25

For further questions call: #########

PLEASE TAKE A TAB AND COME!!

GOOD LUCK!’

The bold writing was screaming at us to obey and rip off the last few remaining tabs off the poster.

Macy ripped off two of the tabs that the advertisement offered, which included the address and phone number. “Here,” she told me, shoving the small slip of paper into my palm. “Don’t lose it, kay!?”

“Are you coming too, Mace?”

“Of COURSE I’m coming! I wouldn’t miss it for the world!” she cried dramatically, rolling her eyes for effect.”

“Promise?”

“Promise,” she confirmed.

***

Hope you liked chapter two. Next is the auditions, who should the judges be?

Who do you want them to be?

TTYL, Ciao~