Chapter 2 (part 1) squidfriend adventures

It was silent for a bit as squidward and you unpacked things like lamps, pencil crayons, clothes etc. You paused and giggled " you didn't have to help me y'know" Squidward gave a huff "well you didn't really give me a choice (y/n)" ah so he did understand that you were forcing him "ehh, I'm sorry ok I just didn't wanna do this stuff alone, but even still you could of said no" you say as you place a vase and some flowers on the coffee table in front of the couch " well, I thought It would have been impolite if I didn't.." he trailed off while he put some books on the bookshelf behind the couch. You gave yet another chuckle " that's strange you seem to be in polite to spongebob and  Patrick, and you even were to me at the beginning" he paused  and then sneered " well that was before I knew that you were a cultured fish". Cultured? You never thought you were cultured, did he think this because you lived in the big city and did acting and painted? He was quiet the judgemental squid. You hummed "well maybe next time don't judge a book by its cover" squidward sputtered a bit "w-well I don't always judge! It's just that I live next to morons and I work with morons" he literally just proved your point, and he noticed that because he paused and seemed to realize what he just said "well, I can leave at any time you know!" He hissed at you. "Alright,alright you knew how people like this could be so you didn't want to press on any more than you already did.

There was another period of silence as you and squidward finished unpacking all the boxes. "Well I guess we Should do the ones upstairs" he simply nodded in response as you  went and led him upstairs to your room. As you started unpacking things like pictures of your snails you had back home and pictures of your parents, squidward had found the boxes that had all your paintings and sketchbooks "are these yours? He asked holding one of the paintings up" you smiled "yeah their mine" his eyes lit up with excitement "wow it's amazing, the shading and the positioning is so well don and the expression is so, expressive! What do you call this one?"

The painting was of a landscape, a park in new kelp city that was littered with junk and scrap metal, even some tires. You thought for a moment, you didn't really give your drawings and paintings names "I-uh- I don't have a name for it" to your surprise he wasn't disappointed or anything he just quickly said " is it one of those paintings where it's up to the person looking at it?" You rub the back of your neck, you didn't want to lie to him, but you had mostly started off on the wrong fin with him so you thought it better to leave him happy and bond over something "uh yeah sure...?" He smiled and looked at it intently, god you think it's the first time he's smiled today, it was strange seeing him like this, so happy, but as long as he didn't think you were a moron "I think I'll call this sea of discontent" now you were really confused "uh yeah that's a good name for i-" he cut you off " I pant as well you know " he said hanging the painting he dubbed as "sea of discontent" on the wall " you paint too? Oh what kind of things do you paint?" You say perking up "well, mostly self portraits but I do it in a very abstract way" he said with a cocky grin on his face "so you're an abstract artist?" "Well yes but I'm also multi talented!" You raised your eyebrows as he continued "I play the clarinet and I dance!" You gave a smile " wow I've never met a triple threat before" that was a fib yes, coming from new kelp city there were many, many people who were multi talented. But it seemed like no one really recognized his talents so you thought you'd be the one to do so.

There were no more long pauses, as you and him continued to talk about subjects such as, painting, music, drama, cooking etc. You spent hours getting to know him and as you unboxed everything, you learned that he worked at a popular fast food restaurant along with spongebob, and how his boss was a huge penny pincher. He told you how Patrick and spongbob were best friends and always were up to something unintentionally annoying. You learned how his "grandmama" taught him all his cooking skills and told you about his rival, squllium fancyson who sounded almost ten times more stuck up then squidward. And you told him about yourself too, how you had three snails and you had been in multiple plays, and told him you're weirdest commission stories. By the end of all of it, it was almost 7pm. Squidward realized how long he had stayed " huh, I don't think I've ever been at anyone's house this long" you winced slightly, feeling bad for him " well i mean it's nice that you stayed as long as you did" he looked a bit surprised, so much so that you assumed no one had really ever said that to him " yes well I was thinking I would make you dinner as a thank you for having me this long" shit did he just completely forget that he was helping you unpack and that he wasn't originally over, to hang out? Oh well whatever, you didn't have lunch and he did say he was good at cooking. "That would be great... but I don't have any food" he waved his tentacle and said "oh that's fine we can just go out and buy some".

You and squidward walk to town, he showed you where things were as you went through the town until you both got to the store. Squidward picked out stuff like, kelp, sea bread, spices and some kind of meat. "Hey squidward, it was nice of you to buy food for me and cook it, on account that I don't really have money to spend..." he looked at you and his tone was agitated as he said " you don't have money? But then how did-" you cut him off " my parents agreed to pay for my house and my boat but they said I could take care of the rest." "Well I mean you could technically work at my job but, I don't know if my boss would be willing to pay another employee" you sigh " eh it's fine, I can find myself a job I'm sure" Squidward shrugs his shoulders in response as you both walk you the cash register. When you get to the cash register you see a rather large crab fighting with the cashier about how his coupon couldn't be expired. Squidward almost dropped the food "oh my god not him not today" he looked disappointed and agitated at the same time. "Who's he?" You asked quietly he hissed "my boss".

(Dun dun dun! In the next part will be meeting the greedy grubby mr.krabs woaH)