4. An honest mistake

The next morning I'm woken by something moving beneath me. I hear a grumble, the sound loud against my ear that's pressed against a soft surface. I suddenly become aware of my surroundings and sit up swiftly. I squint down and see a figure with black messy hair and a red and gold knitted jumper. His eyes open slightly, noticing me straddling his waist, he closes his eyes and lazily attempts to pull me down to lay on his chest. Sleep overcoming his features.

I move off him as quickly and smoothly as possible, standing over the sofa I had seemingly fell asleep on.

"Harry... Harry wake up." I whisper, trying to hide my panic from other students that pass us by, not wanting to cause a scene.

Harry groans as he turns on his side, facing me. Opening his eyes slowly, a smile tugs at the corners of his mouth when he sees me. His eyebrow furrowing not a moment later, noticing my panic. Harry jolts up when he realises the issue at hand. Rubbing his hand over his forehead, taking a second to process everything.

"Ginny, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you. Well I- I did but..." Harry trails off, glancing around the room. Glaring at the crowd forming behind us.

The people who were watching turn around quickly. Either walking away or carrying on their conversations, acting like they weren't just staring at us.

"What happened?" I say while running my hands over my face, trying to think of how we got into that situation.

"Last night you fell asleep on my shoulder, we tried to wake you up but you didn't even stur. I said that I didn't mind waiting down here until you woke up. Hermione and Ron went to bed and I stayed down here with you, I tried waking you up again but you weren't having it. I could tell you were uncomfortable so I laid you down, I sat beside you and I guess I fell asleep too." Harry yawns, standing up and stretching.

"Thanks Harry, you could've gone up to bed though. I shouldn't of kept you up." I stand up with him putting my hands into the back pockets of my jeans.

"It's nothing." Harry smiles, he looks at the clock situated on the wall behind my shoulder. "Want some breakfast? We have about 30 minutes left before classes start."

"Sure." I smile, walking towards the portrait, Harry in tow.

***

Not have much time to change before breakfast finishes, we go straight down to the Great Hall. As Harry and I enter, groups look up and watch as we make our way down the hall. I suddenly become very self-conscious, wrapping my arms around my chest. Students break out into pointed whispers as we pass.

"Can you believe it?"

"Poor girl. Bet she has no clue."

We pass the through the middle tables confused, students in our years glance between us and someone sat further down the hall. I follow their gaze towards the end of the Gryffindor table where Romilda sits with her friends. She's furious, clutching her cutlery between her fists, her knuckles white. Her eyes fixed on me, filled with hate. Harry and I continue on walking, oblivious to the weight that the hushed conversations hold.

"Slut." Someone coughs as I pass.

Harry stops dead in his tracks in front of me. Turning around to face the sudden voice. I shake my head and place my hands on his chest, pushing him back lightly. Harry doesn't even spare me a glance as he grabs my hips and moves me out of the way. Stopping me from intervening.

"What did you just say?" Harry scowls down at a Slytherin girl who's laughing with her friends. 

Harry stands behind her, glaring at the group. They stop laughing when she turns and notices him, her friends faces pale slightly.

"Harry just leave it. It's fine come on, let's go." I say impatiently, tugging at his forearm, not wanting to cause a scene over nothing.

"You heard me, she's easy. Probably slept with most of the Gryffindor boys. Now she's added you to her list." She smirks, looking me up and down she licks her lips and pops a shoulder.

"What?" I laugh, dumbfounded by the accusation, stepping in front of Harry. "Don't assume things that have nothing to do with you." I shout, the whole hall turning to us. 

Times like these I'm glad there's no teachers in during breakfast. The girl looks around for someone to back her up, and when they don't, she turns back around facing her food. I push past Harry, stepping away from their table. He catches me up, walking beside me as we make our way down to sit opposite Hermione and Ron.