Chapter 3: "Finding the Enemy"

Once the sun rose over Syspocalypstar, Rex contacted Emmet and Lucy, ushering them to meet him at his spaceship home as soon as possible.

They had to get together and form a plan. They had a lead, they just needed a way to approach it.

The Special and his girlfriend had yet to arrive, and the Raptor Trainor was growing impatient. He watched the sky get brighter and brighter, as he paced the area nervously.

He wanted to call the couple, and snap at them to hurry up, but he tried his best to practice patience. After all, he wanted to make sure he wasn't giving off 'villain' vibes.

He was putting in a genuine effort to appear as 'good' as possible. He had a reputation to maintain, if he wanted to keep Emmet and Lucy's trust.

"After being paralyzed for so long, I can't seem to get off my feet." He sighed, "Rocky! Or anyone, can you get me another energy drink?!"

Working fast, one of his raptors approached him, handing him a drink it carried in its mouth. Rex opened up the can, and started taking big gulps of the beverage.

He needed it after not sleeping well. His body and mind was still adjusting to everything, and it would take time to form a proper sleep routine.

Once he was done, he crushed the can between his fist, and tossed it into a nearby trash can. He stepped up to the nearest window, and crossed his arms.

"Man Upstairs. Hurry up."

Just as he wished, he soon heard the sound of Rexcelsior's entrance opening. It echoed throughout the ship, gaining his attention.

"Rex?"

The Special and his girlfriend soon stepped into view, much to Rex's relief. The Galaxy Defender rushed over to them, and showed a bitter expression.

"Why are you guys so late?!"

"There's this thing called 'getting ready'. Did you expect us to stroll through the city in our pajamas?" Lucy replied sharply, crossing her arms.

"I would! I'd go out in just my boxers if I had to. This is important." Rex faced the nearby monitors, "I found out where the power is coming from. Take a look."

He pointed to the exact location on the map, where the origins of power were produced the night prior.

"That's pretty distant. It looks like the center of the western forest." Emmet mentioned.

"Yeah, that is way out there." Lucy mentioned, "Are you positive that's where it was picked up?"

"Uh, yeah! It showed up during that purple moon last night. Kid saw it too, so you know I'm not making it up."

"That's true, Lucy. The moon was in fact purple."

"And we can't let it be purple again, so we better head to that forest pronto! Before whoever did this gets a chance to do it again. I'll take my tracker."

The Female Master Builder still had her doubts, but pushed through it for her boyfriend. It was still a lead, and anything would help.

"Okay. Let's go to the forest."

——————————————————

The trio began their journey to the western part of Syspocalypstar. As they arrived closer and closer to their destination, things somehow became more tense.

The cities were quiet, and it was chilling. For a kingdom so alive, loud, and bright. It was like a ghost town formed by the chaos that was plaguing the land.