The Hunt

"Are you sure this is necessary?" Tham's annoyance was almost convincing, but Leo knew him a little too well to not notice that he was just covering up the uneasiness their destination sparked in him.

The redhead sighed, gripping the steering wheel a little tighter. "Not really, but we are out of ideas. The pack is still under attack and now we ran out of authorities to name to keep whatever is left of us in order" 

"We named James!" Tham piped in, almost offended. "James has been our designated alpha for a month now. He and Angelica have been doing an awesome job at that"

"You don't need to convince me, Tham. I agree with you on that!" Leo protested, sighing once again to regain his cool. It wasn't wise to lose his temper while driving. "But the Council won't take a community appointment as official when they know there are still members of the ruling alpha line alive..." 

The younger seemed to boil in anger inside for a moment but then proceeded to pout. "That's just stupid bureaucracy, if you ask me." He muttered after a couple seconds of silence. 

Leo smiled at the teen's spunk and wished he had some of his own left, but becoming an adult taught you harsh lessons. And one of them was to not disregard the old rules nor the Council's importance. There were little packs left as it was and none of them could risk running without each other's protection, which the Council controlled. 

"So, who are we going to pick up anyways?" Tham had not asked about their job yet, even though they have been on the road for a couple hours, since he had been more bussy complaining about having to go to the city in the first place.

"Well..." he paused "It is more like who are we going to try and find. So I hope you are as good as Ryan says" The raven haired teen had no time to take offense before he continued "She's troublesome. That's the best way I can describe her."

"It's a she, though. It can't be that bad" The remark made the redhead chuckle.

"You're definetly too young" Leo teased and Tham blushed, feeling embarrassed "But you're still our best tracker and this place is a crowded anthill, so I'm counting on you"

"Of course" 

'And I'm also counting on the possibility that time has made her more dosile' he thought, thinking of their last encounter almost a decade ago. Conversation died after that, with the tall skyscrapers in sight. Their destination was close and once they arrived, the hunt would began.