Chapter Seventy One.

Chapter seventy one.

(an – please vote and comment)

“Thank you so much baby!” Louis grins widely as he leans forward and kisses my lips.

“You’re welcome. Happy Birthday” I smile as we pull apart.

The wrapping paper strewn across the crumbled bed sheets of Louis’ childhood bedroom. Johannah Louis’ mum had never really changed his bedroom, not since the day he left almost ten years ago. It’s strange to think you can love and care for someone every single day of your life and then in what seems like a blink of an eye they’re on the other side of the world. Living their own life, without you.

Not that my parents care anywhere near as much for me as Johannah does for Louis.

“This is so great y’know. Me and you. Here in England spending Christmas together with my family. It’s going to be a big memory for us too. I’m so so so glad you agreed to come with me” Louis smiles as he wraps an arm around me pulling my body against his.

“Well spending Christmas alone wouldn’t have being much fun would it” I reply quietly.

Louis cups my face and leans over to kiss me again. The kiss is soft, sweet and gentle. It makes me feel cosy and warm. But not on fire.

“Lou! Lou are you up?” A young and excited voice shouts from the other side of Louis’ bedroom door.

“Yeah, come on in” He calls back kissing my shoulder afterwards and keeping his arm firmly around me.

The door opens and in run two excited children, Daisy and Phoebe Louis twin sisters.

“Happy birthday” they say happily jumping up onto the bed to attack their bother with cuddles and kisses.

Watching Louis tickle them and make jokes is such a captivating thing to watch. Since we landed in England I’ve being amazed by just how close he and his sisters appear to be. Louis hasn’t lived here for the past ten years meaning he only spends time with them in short visits once or twice a year. But despite that they all seem to adore him and get on better than most siblings do at the best of times.

I honestly didn’t expect Louis to be so good with children, I’m sure he’d make a fantastic dad one day.

I wonder what Harry’s like as a dad, right now it’s not like he can play games with Ivy but I hope he’s really there for her. Harry never struck me as someone who would have children, he doesn’t seem like the type to help with homework or chat with other parents in the playground.

I wonder how he’ll cope.

“You coming for some breakfast babe?” Louis asks as he climbs out of bed with Phoebe slung over his shoulder and Daisy laughing and running behind them.

“Yep I’ll be down in a second” I call after him as I pull my phone from my handbag.

I’ve being deliberating whether or not I should contact Harry or his family over the holidays. Should I tell them I’m in England? Should I maybe even visit them?

I open up my contact list and call Gemma.

“Alisa! How are you lovely?” Gemma says answering the phone instantly.

“I’m great thanks. How are you?” I ask a smile already playing on my lips.

“Good, stressed about getting everything ready for Christmas but great nonetheless” Gemma laughs softly.