Chapter 19

A pool of blood started seeping out from his head.

I came running out from my hiding spot and acted like I saw nothing.

"John, what happened?" I grasped onto John's shoulders and hid behind his back like a scared wife.

"I-I... I killed him," John took a hard swallow and stepped back, "We can't call the cops, Paul. They'll kill me," his breath was shaky.

One thought scared me. The thought of not being scared, or sorry. I was happy. I acted like I was sick and ran into the bathroom. I slammed the door behind me and locked it. I put my hand on the edges of the sink and stared at myself in the mirror. I glanced down to find my pill bottle where I tossed it. I grasped it and planned on taking one. I then suddenly threw back from which I found it. It would make me hate John for what he did.

I walked back out to the kitchen and found John trying to clean up the mess. A towel certainly wouldn't cover it.

"Let me help you," I sighed out while grabbing another towel to soak up the blood. I set out a trash bag for us to throw everything in. Once we soaked up the blood we used cleaning bleach to get the potential stains out of the tiles.

"I've really done it this time," John said shaking his head. I told him that everything would be fine and that I loved him.

"We should burn everything in that bag. The body to, and our clothes," John sniffed and nodded.

"There's one of those furnace thingies outside of Strawberry Fields. Nobody goes there anymore. We can sneak out there and dispose of it all. In fact, we should do it right now," I took a deep breathe and got up.

Maybe this was too much.