Prologue

Rouge got up from his nap to go meet with Timber. He heard an airy voice before feeling a pair of arms wrapping around him.
"Rouge... can you come spend some time with me? I heard you were with Sabrina last night. I thought I was your favorite..?" Rouge chuckled and looked back at the girl grabbing him, one of the girls of the pack, Natasha. He could hear his wolf, Ashton, growling, not wanting to be near her. Rouge chuckled and played with her hair. "What did you have in mind?" Timber could wait an hour or two, besides, since he was "getting to know" his pack better. Rouge's wolf hated how he went from woman to woman, he wanted their mate, but Rouge wasn't going to go searching for someone who may not want him, when he had plenty of eager women waiting for him. Natasha whispered what Rouge thought she had meant before taking off. He texted Timber saying something had came up, he'd know what Rouge meant.

Timber looked at his phone as it went off and sighed. He didn't approve of Rouge's behavior but he wasn't going to stop his friend and alpha's way of life. He decided to pass the time by making sure Rouge's paperwork was ready before going for a run in his wolf form. He let all the tension from his job as beta slip past his mind as he ran, his dark chocolate brown wolf speed through the lower peninsula Michigan woods, white paws only a flash under him. Timber started to think about his mate, he knew she was out there, the same with his best friend's. He started to think about what she'd be like when they met, would she be like Natasha, a pack slut or would she be a gentle woman with a kind heart and a strong and stubborn mind to make him try to prove whatever it is he wanted her to see or would she be something he'd never see coming? He headed to the edge of the pack territory and headed back to the pack house, if Rouge was going to blow off some of his duties as alpha to sleep with a woman, then he could wait a couple of minutes for his beta to get back.
When Timber got back he could still hear Natasha and Rouge, he groaned and walked back in the pack house and grabbed a water. His wolf, Dex, was chilled out, more annoyed than angry at Rouge for what he did, but glad that Rouge had no intention of taking Natasha or any other woman he's slept with as his mate. Some of the other woman who's been in Rouge's bed watched Timber, before turning to giggle to themselves. Timber headed to his room to get to his photo album of his family before they passed on, his father, from a heart attack, his mother, from the loss of her mate and birth of his little sister, and his little sister was still born. He looked through the pictures and smiled sadly. He felt a hand on his head and looked up to see a woman that took his breath away, but she didn't have a scent. Her flowing white gown and hood hid all of her features and figure from him, but her voice was powerful, gentle, motherly, and fearsome all at once.
"Timber Zack, do you know who I am and why I'm here?" Timber shook his head.
"No ma'am. I don't recognize you from any lady I've met." The woman chuckled.
"I don't expect you to, but I have to tell you to take shelter."
"How come Ma'am?"
"For you're safety dear. Please just go and take care." Timber, not sure but did as the woman said, feeling like she was about to do something unbelievable.

After Natasha had left Rouge he pulled a shirt over his head and the woman revealed herself as the moon goddess and proceed to punish Rouge for all he's done including, when he had noticed her first, attempting to get her to sleep in his bed with him. She stripped him of the ability to feel his mate or know just from scent, as if he was human, before turning his pack to dust, as if they'd never existed, leaving Rouge in the dust blowing around him.

Ocean was playing with the young pups with her mother, while Skylar slept. Ocean and her mother smiled before hearing a wolf run up to them in a panic.
"L-luna..! Miss. Shulk..! Rouges are attacking!" Ocean jumped up and looked at her mother.
"I'll go tell father and wake up Sky." She took off. Her mother went and rounded up the pack members to fight off the rouges. When she reached her father's office she informed him of the attack and took off for Skylar's room while her father headed for his mate and the rest of his pack.